Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Boot suggestion

Boot suggestion

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Mantobia Tussock boots or the Ridgeline Aoraki boots? Both seem to be very reasonable boots but just curious to others experiences as something can look great on paper but be rubbish in reality.

Simply cry once and buy a pair of Salewa boots. You’ll need about a half size bigger than normal.
    shift14 likes this.

Cheers, any particular pair/model you’ve had that you'd recommend, hunting mainly the Kaikouras, Canterbury and Otago Hills

Hanwag alaskas and meindles have never let me down the meindle was very much an alpine boot though very hard

Salewa mountain trainer mid GTX is the boot both my son ( on his recommendation) and I bought. RRP is $499. I think a crowd in ChCh sells them. I bought mine from Trek n Travel in Hamilton. They were great to deal with, allowed me to go for a 2 km walk along the riverbank and said I had a months trial. No probs with return if I found them unsuitable. I love them. Ultra comfy for the central north island bush. Son uses his in sub alpine terrain of the South Island. There’s another thread on this site re Salewa boots.

Sales rapace a tramping boot that can do lite alpine $549 in NZ at Further faster in Christchurch comfortable straight from the box. The mountain trainer maybe be better in summer or Bush stalking though

Salewa rapace a tramping boot that can do lite alpine $549 in NZ at Further faster in Christchurch comfortable straight from the box. The mountain trainer maybe be better in summer or Bush stalking though

choose carefully, your feet get a hammering. there's some good suggestions & feedback above, just remember everyone's feet are different & so are their activities, terrain & conditions. dig a little deeper.. try them on for a while, your feet will thank you for it & you'll go better, easier & longer on the hill & maybe even safer. good luck mate

Cheers guys for the feedback/suggestions/info so far, it’s all much appreciated

Go buy whatever feels the best. I run zamberlans and they are amazing, lowa doesn't fit my foot shape properly.

Depending what your budget is I've had great success with crispi nevada legend gtx.
    Very supportive and comfortable from the box

John Bull make a really good tramping /hunting boot at about quarter of the price...no steel cap,good grippy sole lots of protection around the edges of the leather and top of sole....
    most of the time I still wear lace up rubber gummies.....got a lightweight fabric sided hightop boot for summer walks.
    you dont need to spend a fortune to get a good boot,whatever you buy,look after it.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Well I am with the Andrews boot, love them !!

Been using them 5 years straight now, every day wear + hunting. On my second pair now, got 3 yrs out of the first ones.

This thread just goes to show there are a few good options out there!!

Buy what fits you best

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

@greenblue What size are you?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    I just landed two pairs of boots from there a week ago. One week to get here!
    Hanwag tatra II gtx landed for $280nzd...selling at my local for $550nzd. Landed my first pair of these over a year ago for $230nzd, still going strong but I wanted a backup pair 'cause I like them so much.