Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: bored as buggery

Quote Originally Posted by Pongo12 View Post
    Shit that's no bloody good mate. At least you can still shoot though all the same
    not really, my days were filled with dr's. physios and worst of all painkillers. till my body told me no more painkillers !
    pain goes on, for those with a medial no how what was affected most was the brachial plexus nerves, a bunch of nerves that run from the spine out to the arm. anyways the arm came out 3-4" and when it sprung back (with a little help) the nerves stretched to hell and back.
    to give you an idea what its like, my fingers go from numb-frost bite. and when i say numb i mean it. i have been n the kitchen thinking "whats that smell". its my hand on a hot element ( not the hot 5th element haha)
    i was on so many painkillers i forgot what way was up in the middle of the night, fell over in the hallway and broke my ankle clean thru. never even noticed til the next day.
    next issue is that being injured/ stoned on prescription drugs does evil things to the weight. so now on blood pressure meds.

ok, enough ranting from me!!
    FFS people keep safe out there. because so far i am up to 15 broken bones, major burns to lower legs, crushed upper legs, eye injury, spinal injury and a whole lot more.
    as for doctors well lets just say soe are good, some are amazing and some should never treat a patient ever again.

Ejected
    mmmmmmmmmmm Milla Jovovich
    Beaker likes this.

Holy hell I feel for you. That's rude! Bloody pills have a lot to answer for

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Cool area alright. One of my daughters worked on Mount View a couple of years ago.
    Oh true yea that's a nice block. I used to work on the fattening block for them ages ago. Digby is still up there

Yea my father in law managers the flat block. Digby is no relation though

Oh yeap good as gold I know Sarah. Unreal it's a small world alright, Hardcase. Yea I'm off to see trevor on Sunday. He's a hardcase old character aye, good man though

Great shooting Pongo12, sad to hear of your accident gonetropo
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Yeah I thought so. Sarah is my daughter. She worked out who you were from a couple of the pictures you posted on here. (a road sign in your garage behind a deer head).
    Your father in laws brother Trevor managed a farm just around the road from my place back in the eighties. We did a bit of pig hunting together.
    Trevor's dad managed a block before my old man took over running it. I worked there myself for 6 years plus contract fenced on that place for a bit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pongo 12 you make 800 plus yards look easy, very nice shooting, shame about the mishap on the farm, it will slow up the hunting for a bit. I suppose it could have been a lot worse at least you are still above the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroatedson View Post
    Trevor's dad managed a block before my old man took over running it. I worked there myself for 6 years plus contract fenced on that place for a bit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Small old place alright mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Pongo 12 you make 800 plus yards look easy, very nice shooting, shame about the mishap on the farm, it will slow up the hunting for a bit. I suppose it could have been a lot worse at least you are still above the ground.
    Cheers mate. Yea bloody hassle alright. Freezer is full though and stags are growing fresh heads so not too bad timing haha. Yeap still alive which is the main thing

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    .....all of a sudden thinking of the monty python yorkshiremen sketch
    Or the black knight?....... "just a flesh wound".......
    Sorry couldn't help it but I guess if your a Monty python fan ......