Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: BRNO 2 brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Yes mine was shortened when I bought it but I had the iron sights fitted to it again
    What’s the barrel length now?

My jw15, is more accurate than my old mod1 was, never going to look as good though

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    What’s the barrel length now?
    17" from reciever to muzzle
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    It’s got a couple of numbers printed on the action and barrel both say 63 ,figure that’s year of manufacture,this is the open sight group from yesterday.
    Yep, it's a 1963. That year the Brno Model 2 was manufactured with a smooth finished receiver as opposed to earlier and later M2's which had the matte finish. 1963 Brno M2's are very hard to come by in nice condition. Yours has the beech trainer style stock. They also came in beech, walnut and walnut deluxe (checkering on the pistol grip) in the more common Schnabel style stocks. Incidentally, your style of stock is what the first Brno Model 2's made in 1956 were manufactured with. The Schnabel style stock wasn't available until late 1956 onwards even though it was used on the earlier Model 1 Brno's. From a collector's point of view your rifle has lost value because it appears to have been threaded for a suppressor. But, hey, they're made to be used so it doesn't matter.

There is an excellent condition 1963 M2, the same as your one (unsuppressed) at an acquaintance's home at Hot Water Beach, Coromandel and I'm sure he could be persuaded to sell it as he inherited it from his wife's father and has no need for it.
    dannyb likes this.

Great info thanks,definitely not gonna be a safe queen,she is gonna be well used and hopefully be handed on to my boy when he is old enough.

My m2 1957 deluxe, blueing thin just forward on the forend shoots mint.
    Name:  20181030_143738.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  7.60 MB
    Hey 10 ring , I could be keen on your mates m2.

heres a wee story re a Mk1 BRNO.a recently deceased bloke in hokitika (R93 may have knoqwn of him),ex TF soldier engineer extraordinaireand bloody self taught gun smith.
    this bloke was one out of the bag!doing a welding job for a cowcocky out kokatahi way,he gets asked what his price was.keen eyed hua spots a Mk1 BRNO lying in corner -negelcted ,unloved and unused -broken trigger-sent for repair went missing ............
    MC is given said.22-spends god knows how long locating a genuine set of BRNO.22 trigger mechanism drawings from the bloody factory and builds his own mechanism.
    he put the rig together with a 4x28 bentley fine hair scope on top,and that gentlemen was the most lethal .22 rig ive ever bloody seen.
    2CANTNMWC .22 shooting championship(which he won in a epic solos shootoff in greymouth),jhe as our platoon sergeant calls for a .22 practiseon a 50mrange hes jacked up on a bluespur cockies property.
    dads army arrives choxcka with ammo and assorted fancy rigs-from the back seat appears plain jane. now to make life interesting whose gonna have a wee wager on the side-
    AKA shout the boys when games over.
    we all settle in to have a crack before MC&plain jane chime in.
    yours sincerely smoker and odds on man..Illput 5ciggarettes filter end on in a target @50-5/5 =5jugs.yup she sang and i was payin- ok double or quits -a lit cigarette end on.
    He lay down grinned a touched the trigger-boys&girls loved that piss on yours sincerely.
    I saw many a bunny cop a head job from MC&plain jane i was also involved in cleaning out a honda civic which carted a headshot gutted red deer yearling home(hot hoki afternoon bucket of hot soapy water congealed blood and blowflies sized like c130hercules -ya get the bloody picture twas aunties shopping carFFS!) -hed been caught gorgng in the cockies paddock having been scared out by the veni chopper boys operating in the hills behind the farm.A good mate of mine-no mean shot either swears that deer hit the deck over 80yds away and didnt even kick.
    the latter who packed an extremely sweet mannlicher schonauer 7x57 with pecar 4x81 scope,had wee brother who bought the mk2 BRNO and was bloody deadly-party trik skullshoot bunnies -"whose eaten my fucking boiled egg!" nice skullwith flap -no brain...but we all agreed Plain jane was something else.
    in latter years MC&I had a major fallout which took years for me to get over and force myself to talk to him.
    out of sheer spite one day I offered $500 cold hard cash for plain jane- "NO" and he walked.
    somewhere in HOKi sits a little old .22 with a legacy to tell.
    now i realise my dribbling aint to everyones taste but this is a story which I think needs telling -beautiful germanic craftmanship coupled with a dogged ,indeed unique Kiwi DIY attitude .
    BTW-the guy served as a consultant and supplier of firearms on the westcoast epic movie "Bad Blood ;The Stan Graham story. somewhere in my assortment of gear is a sporting.303 barrel he gave me.
    FRST, FatLabrador and rewa like this.

Classic yarn Kotuku, thanks. That guy reminds me of Din Collings a bit. I used to spend most of my time at his workshop, not looking at things to buy, but talking to him- he had really interesting ‘pearls of wisdom’ about firearms stored away in that brain of his. Things like why military Mausers had stepped barrels etc etc. I really miss him & Viv. You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone- there’s a song like that I think...

Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    Classic yarn Kotuku, thanks. That guy reminds me of Din Collings a bit. I used to spend most of my time at his workshop, not looking at things to buy, but talking to him- he had really interesting ‘pearls of wisdom’ about firearms stored away in that brain of his. Things like why military Mausers had stepped barrels etc etc. I really miss him & Viv. You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone- there’s a song like that I think...
    Now theres an idea for a thread.
    Stories from the Collings and Braddley workshop

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    Hey 10 ring , I could be keen on your mates m2.
    I'll pass your interest on the next time I see him Rob.
    von tempsky fan likes this.

Haven’t found a bullet it won’t shoot well..Name:  image.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  1.20 MB
    Calibres are set at half inch..
    von tempsky fan likes this.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  1.06 MB
    All shot with 1-4power Leupold scope.