Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Browning ABolt 308 vs Tikka T Lite 7mm08??

Browning ABolt 308 vs Tikka T Lite 7mm08??

Which one?? Thoughts from users please...

Welcome to the forum Truebluekiwi, Im not a user of any of those but if I remember correctly I remember people saying A-bolt over T3 any day. I may be wrong though.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Whichever takes your fancy and fits your shoulder - both good rifles, cant go wrong

(abolt for me personally)

Banned
    Working at a hunting shop every now and then, my veiws are that in one year weve sold one a bolt and 15 tikka's but you hardly see as much browning marketing either. Youd have to get one of each down the range and test fire.

As above, both good rifles.

I'm like Cyclist, would go for the A-Bolt personally.
    Welcome to Sako club.

i don't like 7mm08 so i'd get the A-Bolt

I thought about buying an a bolt for my varmint rifle but I felt like I was holding a toy, I dont have anything against them and I'm Sure that they are good but that's just the impression I got. Feels small and cheap. My bro had a 7mm08 tikka t3 stainless and that was a beautiful gun so I'd go that. But at the end o the day your probably best to have a hold of both and see what feels right for you mate

Tikka any day,week month or year.Its not the marketing that sells all of them as word of mouth plays a major part.
    As they say on the add its hits the hardest target, value for money
    For all that they are both great rifles
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Ejected
    Word of mouth is the tikka is a lot cheaper, and kiwis being kiwis.....

I will never touch a T3 unless they changed that MASSIVE FAIL of a magazine. Biggest piece of shit I've ever seen attached to a rifle. When the fucking thing falls apart in your hand it's not much use. However apart from the mag they are good, but then the Browning is good straight out of the box.

Whats the story with the mags as i have got two tikkas and had a couple more and as my mates will vouch i am hard on gear but never seen a fail on a mag and yours is the first i have heard of?
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Whats the story with the mags as i have got two tikkas and had a couple more and as my mates will vouch i am hard on gear but never seen a fail on a mag and yours is the first i have heard of?
    Same?
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Down to personal preference really, not going to go wrong with either.

I personally like to have something different to everyone else, to me Tikkas are like toyotas, great piece of kit for the money but everyone has one!

I like to have people at the range wanting to have a look at my rifle because it is something they haven't handled before!
    kidmac42 likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Truebluekiwi View Post
    Which one?? Thoughts from users please...
    I never get into telling people that they're wrong or not to get something because its shit or any of that jaz because at the end of the day I respect that people have their own opinions. Having said that I have one small gripe?

Why a 308 if you do go a bolt? I personally can't stand that caliber - possibly because its a yobbos gun over here. If you wanna go something like that go the old 30-06. For one its not american! and its going to go a few fps quicker which is really negligible. But it does go an extra 50gns heavier than the 308. (not that you'd want/need to run 220's or 250's through a 30-06 unless you were bush hunting sambar). regardless of which one you go for I reckon 7mm08, 270, 7mm rem mag or 30-06 are the calibers to choose from.

Thats just my opinion and its not right or wrong mate.
    Cheers,
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackp. View Post
    Why a 308 if you do go a bolt? I personally can't stand that caliber
    You better wash your mouth out nah its personal opinion like you said but I like them. I think people like what they have most of the time, take a young kid and he will say a caliber his dad owns because they have one.
    VIVA LA HOWA

For one its not american!

From Wikipedia - The .30-06 Springfield cartridge (pronounced "thirty-aught-six", "thirty-oh-six") or 7.62×63mm in metric notation, was introduced to the United States Army in 1906 and standardized!
    veitnamcam likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."