Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Browning xBolt barrel thread?

anyone know for sure if threads on remmy or tikka barrels are same as Browning x bolt? Only askin becos theres a shit ton of tikka barrels around.

Depends if it’s a factory thread or been done by a gunsmith, most rems aren’t threaded from the factory. If they were it depends on barrel thickness. Not many tikkas are either. The hells canyon is a weird thread no one would do here. I don’t know about the other models.
    So I guess my answer is no they won’t be the same if they were done at the factory. If a gunsmith has done it there is a possibility they are the same depends on barrel profile and calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy06 View Post
    Depends if it’s a factory thread or been done by a gunsmith, most rems aren’t threaded from the factory. If they were it depends on barrel thickness. Not many tikkas are either. The hells canyon is a weird thread no one would do here. I don’t know about the other models.
    So I guess my answer is no they won’t be the same if they were done at the factory. If a gunsmith has done it there is a possibility they are the same depends on barrel profile and calibre.
    I think he's asking more about the barrel to action thread than the muzzle thread.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

yah- the barrel to action thread - spoke with Alan Carr in Paraparaumu today, said the two are diff- and the xbolt is 32tpi v a-bolts 16tpi.................... different to most out there.