Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Bubba what have you done?

northdude
    Dont any of you guys bid on it i want it
    dannyb likes this.

The nut on the end of the rather short barrel adds a touch of class.

Ths mounting if the red dot is pretty special

Banned
    Dont go hunting without your Duct tape to attach stock ??

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Possibly over 762 regardless. And not *designed* (nor probably, intended...) to be held and fired in one hand.
    Not intended or designed is not mentioned in the law, if it can be fired in it's taken down state and is shorter than 762mm it's a "pistol"
    I went through this with my Bergara single shot that was non takedown version, even though you would be mentally retarded to try and shoot it with the but stock removed it was possible and being shorter than 762mm it could see you foul of the law if you were pulled up by the wrong plod with an axe to grind.....
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    surely that would be classified as an illegal pistol ? seeing as it can be fired in its taken down state ?
    That sums up quite a few firearms - many semi auto 22s, shotguns are like that.

But the crims seem to prefer a ‘mean-as’ pistol grip at the blunt end, regardless of barrel length.
    dannyb likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Perhaps it's been changed. I haven't had the time nor inclination to read the new legislation. However, as enacted, the Arms Act 1983 (No.44) Interpretaiton section states:

And this has been the case, through "case law" (court decisions)...since, like, 1983.
    Well hopefully I'm wrong but that is what I was told, I certainly don't want to test the water, even if it is ok. Not worth the heartache, anyway lets get back to ugly bubbafied guns
    #DANNYCENT

surely that would be classified as an illegal pistol ? seeing as it can be fired in its taken down state ?
    Dont know...but 1) it would take a special kind of stupid to fire that without the stock fitted, and a similar but also special kind of dumbass to fire that with the stock dust taped on...I can see the recoil pivoting back and 'hingeing' on the tape...Blinded or a scope kiss like you have never seen.....
    Moa Hunter and dannyb like this.

Told by whom? The legislation is right there to be read, afaik.
    Too many bubba lawyers, too.
    It was on a thread here possibly from when I sold it, I really don't care enough to go trawling around looking for it. There's always someone on here who knows better.
    #DANNYCENT

Yeah but. We should be dealing in facts, not hyperbole or bush-lawyer supposition.
    Ignorance anywhere is a threat to wisdom everywhere.... and such.
    Welcome to the internet.
    mimms2 and T.FOYE like this.

Not intended or designed is not mentioned in the law, if it can be fired in it's taken down state and is shorter than 762mm it's a "pistol"
    I went through this with my Bergara single shot that was non takedown version, even though you would be mentally retarded to try and shoot it with the but stock removed it was possible and being shorter than 762mm it could see you foul of the law if you were pulled up by the wrong plod with an axe to grind.....
    so pretty much ANY shotgun with barrel and action shorter than 7.62mm would run fowl of the law...the "batman special" ranger from gunshitty definately would....you can fire shotgun without butstock..... once .... without forestock isnt an issue but without butt would be painfull.

Yeah I know its facebook but this is a cracker. I could probably do it properly at home on the puter but doing it on the phone

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bubb...6115851843127/
    Last edited by csmiffy; 10-03-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Yeah I know its facebook but this is a cracker. I could probably do it properly at home on the puter but doing it on the phone

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bubb...6115851843127/
    Scope bite? Will have to lift your head to reload....I wonder what return to zero looks like?
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

I feel like this deserves a place in here. May be done well, but just doesn’t look right.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...3104766069.htm
    Micky Duck likes this.

Truly fugly. But no doubt will spin someone's wheels