Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree450Likes

Thread: Bubba what have you done?

Not a gun for lefties by the look of it. How far does that op rod travel rearwards when fired?

Damn but thats nice shouldnt be in bubbas thread but in a thread on innovative answers to desperate shortages or something like that.
    40mm and dannyb like this.

Can anyone give me a run down on the Charlton? Interesting for me, the story goes a guy on the third farm North of here was involved in developing some kind of autotmatic weapon during WW2. My grandparents mentioned hearing a lot of automatic gunfire during the war, but everyone just kept quiet about it. Maybe they used the farm as the test ground for the Charlton? Makes sense, we're only half an hour drive from Hastings. Anyone know if there was any research done on larger automatic weapons? The way I heard the story it sounded more like anti-aircraft guns, but I never heard any details. I haven't thought of this in years! Something went wrong by the way, the guy doing the testing had a limp for the rest of his life. I was told this was caused by a firearm explosion, no way to confirm it now. No one talked about it during the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Damn but thats nice shouldnt be in bubbas thread but in a thread on innovative answers to desperate shortages or something like that.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Can anyone give me a run down on the Charlton? Interesting for me, the story goes a guy on the third farm North of here was involved in developing some kind of autotmatic weapon during WW2. My grandparents mentioned hearing a lot of automatic gunfire during the war, but everyone just kept quiet about it. Maybe they used the farm as the test ground for the Charlton? Makes sense, we're only half an hour drive from Hastings. Anyone know if there was any research done on larger automatic weapons? The way I heard the story it sounded more like anti-aircraft guns, but I never heard any details. I haven't thought of this in years! Something went wrong by the way, the guy doing the testing had a limp for the rest of his life. I was told this was caused by a firearm explosion, no way to confirm it now. No one talked about it during the war.
    Google "Forgotten Weapons Charlton LMG" Good article on it there.

There is or was one at the Auckland War Memorial museum. Apperently the new english director has closed the armoury as 'knowones intrested in old firearms"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Not a gun for lefties by the look of it. How far does that op rod travel rearwards when fired?
    The distance of the plain rod between the cocking handle and the buffer unit (the normal travel length of a .303 MLE bolt). Definitely not a gun for lefties. As a right-hander I find the ergonomics bloody awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    There is or was one at the Auckland War Memorial museum. Apperently the new english director has closed the armoury as 'knowones intrested in old firearms"
    What a douche. They even tried to remove the reference to war in the name of the place.
    Use enough gun

I used to work there till about six years ago. Just couldn't stand the politics and pc crap anymore. Funny thing was at one point I was the only one with a 'c' cat with the rate people were coming and going in the place so had to be on hand any time firearms were moved or handled. A lot of stuff went back to the Army museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    There is or was one at the Auckland War Memorial museum. Apparently the new English director has closed the armoury as "no-one's interested in old firearms"
    Is that a close relation of the one who got a job mouthing off for the Police Union?

Name:  charlie-brown.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  200.9 KB
    Wirehunt and gadgetman like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Name:  I+got+1+more+pic+hurray+for+k+_56f7ebe3d361c8344ee1d3f8ec77d5e2.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  2.30 MB

Oh the cries of outrage....
    takbok likes this.

Attachment 100386

The shadow looks like it is about to take a piss on the rifle...and rightly so
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

That's OK. Everyone knows the blue ones are inert!
    Max Headroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    If the bad guy was at the wrong end of it in the same small room the accuracy would possibly be ok.

Micky Duck likes this.

Attachment 100386

Hope that's no Cerakote NZ production... but a great antidote for excessive narzi re-enactors.
    Max Headroom likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch