Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bum Bag - Back Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Clippers
    Oh yip thru that, so just going for the close cut, mrs must get pissed with the prickles when shes sitting across from ya at the table aye

Clippers
    I singe
    distant stalker likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Oh yip thru that, so just going for the close cut, mrs must get pissed with the prickles when shes sitting across from ya at the table aye
    I feel its important to leave a thin layer of hair to keep quiet in the scrub!.The missus hates it when I ......nah nah never mind.

I feel its important to leave a thin layer of hair to keep quiet in the scrub!.The missus hates it when I ......nah nah never mind.
    Oh go on!! Ha Ha Ha

GWH
    I tried a 'Hunters Element' for a little while, it was a pain in the arse, as a bumbag it was too heavy and kept falling down all the time, so ended up only using it folded out as a pack, so that the shoulder straps would hold it up.

As a pack it wasnt very good either, as the shoulder straps were very average, it was nosiy in the bush, and couldnt get much in it either, very quickly moved it on and got a 40L huntech which has solved all of these issues for me.

I have the Stoney Creek 2 in 1 bum/daybag. Works great for bush hunting, carries enough gear for a full day hunt plus room for a plenty of meat. I collapse it down to a bum bag for half day hunts or full day hunts in summer. Most of the time the top pocket only has my jacket & binos in it when I am not using them. The rest fits in the bum bag section (Including 1L water). Its comfy to wear as long as its packed correctly and has a very low profile which is great for real thick country.

I have another 40L pack I use for alpine country (Tahr hunting, etc) as the 2 in 1 just can't hold enough gear for those trips.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Thanks for the replies fella's
    I've ordered a Stoney Creek 2 in 1 bag and will let you know how I go with it .
    It's a shame they only come in the camo colours as I prefer my gear in solid greens and browns , but its no big deal .
    As a matter of interest , it cost $159 aus for the bag delivered to my door , I'm happy with that .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Fulla
    iv got one and use it as a bum bag. just pull all the waist straps up tight and it sits well. extend out, fill with meat and off home again. it works well.
    scott85 likes this.

I have received my 2 in 1 bag and I'm quite impressed .
    I haven't had it out country yet but I've loaded it up and walked around the neighborhood and it's really comfortable and easy to adjust .
    I'm very happy with it and would just like to say thanks to you guys for putting me on to it .

Ken
    Gibo likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA