Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Burris scopes any good?

MB

Burris scopes any good?

Are Burris scopes any good, specifically the Fulfield IV models? I see they are often bundled with rifles which isn't a good sign to my mind, but maybe that's unjustified scope snobbery?

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Are Burris scopes any good, specifically the Fulfield IV models? I see they are often bundled with rifles which isn't a good sign to my mind, but maybe that's unjustified scope snobbery?
    Nothing wrong with them. For the money i like them a lot on par with the loopy vx1s maybe a little better imo. I like their floating reticle also.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    MB likes this.

I had one for a number of years no problems - I think some of the Burris scopes going out as a bundle have those horrible graduated reticles and its one good way to try and sell them
    MB likes this.

STC
    Perfectly adequate, and good warranty.
    A330driver, MB and TimC like this.

Bloody good scopes for the money

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    MB and TimC like this.

have about 6 burris scopes at the moment .love the e1 reticle ,ff2 is ok .havent tried the veracity . tried a full field iv and didnt like it . eye relief was longer than i liked and scope was bigger than others physically. my fav is the 4.5-14x42 e1 .have 2 of them and def love them . great warrantee if you do have a problem . i rate them all apart from ff4
    MB and TimC like this.

Good quality mid-range scopes.
    MB likes this.

People say the more you spend the better the scope, but I struggle to believe that a 2k scope is twice as good as a 1k scope.

I have a Burris 3-9 FF2 on a .223 in weaver saddle rings. It is the rifle I use for bashing around in thick scrub where I don’t want to be precious about the rifle or the scope. It has had some serious knocks including;

1/ Slid down a papa bank with scope slowing decent by catching on lumps while rifle was strapped to my back.
    2/ Fell off a boulder and landed in water with rifle going under and scope landing on rocks.
    3/ Slipped over on rocks and landed body weight on top of scope.

Every time I have checked zero after these it has always been on point.

I think of it like a Toyota Corolla. It isn’t fancy or super lightweight or compact, but it works fine and is very reliable. Maybe I just happened to get a good one or maybe they are all like this. But for what I paid, I can’t fault it.

As above, they have looked after me well under warrentee. had an issue with an illuminated scope, was an older model I picked up for a good price.
    Sent it back and they made me an offer of 2 alternatives, 1 with illumination but higher magnification or a better quality glass FFP 2-10 which I went for.
    Really happy with it, great in low light and looking into shadows.
    Z
    Micky Duck and MB like this.

I really rate my Burris Signature HD 3-15x44, both for optical clarity and build quality. Not even a couple months into owning it I stopped for lunch and climbed a little rock face to have a quick glass, knocked loose a big rock and it tumbled down the hill right into my objective lens and then the top turret, I was devastated as I was sure the glass would be cracked, but the thing took it like a champ and has not impacted it at all except for the obvious cosmetic damageName:  20240221_194454.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  3.40 MB
    MB, wayno and paremata like this.

MB
    OK, so everyone seems to be positive about them. Thanks.

Have several, from older signature select through to new Signature, basically bomb proof. Got a Fullfield 1V for a creedmoor and was gobsmacked at how good it is.
    MB and Preacher like this.
    I'm trying to get to heaven before they shut the door.

Got a old ff2 3-9x40 as back up scope and got a SixX 2-12 on my bushpig. Their pretty bomb proof. Excellent glass, not super heavy and just work. You won't be disappointed.
    dannyb likes this.

Theyre imported by Beretta, I expect as an economical partner to the Steiner. They were considered a top brand 40 yr ago and no doubt been improved over time. (Havent used one myself)

Yep, and arguably the best warranty in the business. I recently had some old cheap Burris binos replaced with a brand new modern set under warranty.
    Cant fault them there.