Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bushy , specials

Some crap pics of the reticle , just gives a bit of an idea , I find it real hard to take pics looking thru scope ,

These are at 3x & 12x

I would have liked them to have put knobs like on the S&B PMIIs , ie straight & with knurling , ie a bit less KNOBBY , I like it lot so far , they are due to bring out a 4-16x50mm version next yr .
    I like the fact the elevation knob is NOT tall like the other high end Bushy's .
    The knob does turn very easy , some will want it to be different ,ie harder/softer / musher etc , in main , what i am trying to say , is its a BLOODY good wee scope , and any changes that some one may or may not want , are just very small things , in the main this thing rocks , and is very different from most of whats out there , and thats a good thing .
    I hope the trend continues , just offers US the shooters more solid practical choices , when it comes time to chose a scope .

At around 1k USD , its a lot of scope , and very capable for the money , IF not someone please show me somethings thats better for the same or LESS money .
    In the next price point up , the new Steiners would be the best bet at 1.7k USD , in the USA thats a 70% dearer optic .
    In NZ its going to be much closer to 100% dearer optic ( at best guess ) .

I find the reticle not busy , look at a full Horus & you will see whats BUSY .
    I hope more Kiwi shooters get one and try one out , good to see what they think of IT .

Later Chris

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Chris you did better taking those pics through the scope than I ever have.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hope you can at least see the general idea of the reticle , at 3x , the heavy bars draw your eye straight to the center , and that should enable you to shoot close range animals with no real drama , and the 12x shows , the dredded donut of death ( like a Steyr AUG , but thiner ) , and the finer crosshairs & then the mil hash marks & numbers .
    looks alot better than my crap pics .
    Seems a very practical dial up scope , in the past we either had , full tgt , full tac , or hunting scopes with dial up knobs as a poor after thought , this is a more of a hunting scope with solid dial up knobs , or a shorter range compact tac scope , NICE .

Later Chris