Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Buying firearms from Aussie

My friend from Sydney needed a B709A to get his gun back into NSW

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I would presume that you would have problems in that you cannot possess it in Australia so you can't just "pick it up and take it to the airport" due to their registry etc
    Yep that could be an issue... you need to have your import paperwork (P645 for NSW, cant remember Queenslands) which is a temporary visitors permit, it allows you to carry and use your guns if you dont have a australian gun licence. Ackleys offer would probably be the easiest.

My friend from Sydney needed a B709A to get his gun back into NSW
    Entirely possible scenario: NSW Customs didn't know what the fuck was needed

that rings a bell actually, you fill in the P645 and then i think you get issued with a B709A or something like that... anyway its only relevant for importing firearms. (state to state included)

Sometimes customs are sweet and no whats up but other times it is a proper nightmare

R93
    I would presume that you would have problems in that you cannot possess it in Australia so you can't just "pick it up and take it to the airport" due to their registry etc
    I wont be seeing it till it gets to the airport. May not see it till it gets to NZ.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    Al lthis for a 22.....
    PerazziSC3 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Al lthis for a 22.....
    In bullet calibre yes Necky. But a piece of happiness for me and my boy (mainly me!) makes it worth it. You never know, if your ever sober, I may let you look at it, from a safe distance of course, when your down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    In bullet calibre yes Necky. But a piece of happiness for me and my boy (mainly me!) makes it worth it. You never know, if your ever sober, I may let you look at it, from a safe distance of course, when your down.
    ouch!!!!.........ill keep you to that.......but im not going down on you unless you treat me real nice

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    ouch!!!!.........ill keep you to that.......but im not going down on you unless you treat me real nice
    I will............. Real nice.

After I finish my hunting trip in the NT I fly to Brisbane with my rifles and spend about 6 hours hanging about the International Terminal before being able to check in on the flight back to Auckland, I won't have a Qsld permit so I rang the Qsld Police/Firearms Registry to find out what I need to do, I have an email from them saying it's all OK. Same goes with the NSW Police when I stop over in Sydney for a night on the way over. I'll be travelling with copies of there emails hoping to smooth out the ride???
    It's Customs that I'm worried about, likely to get some arsehole giving us the riot act.

R93
    Cheers for all the advice guys. I will let you all know how I got on and achieved getting it here if it works out that way.

I have had some excellent help via pm and emails, cheers.

Another reason to really appreciate this forum.

I had to go thru transferring rifle actions into & out of Aussie , I had to deal with 3 seperate Agencies , NOT counting the actual guys holding the gear at the airport .
    SC3 is on to it , its not simple and almost no one talks to each other .
    I also needed an Aussie postal address , it did not matter to them , that I donot have a Aussie address , or that I am a Kiwi , or that the goods where intransit ONLY , they just did not want too know , I have just counted the sheets of A4 I sent/received its 45 pages long , took me about 3mths in time and about 3 hrs in phone calls , I just hoped they did not destory the goods , as they only hold them so long , and most of that time was taken , in them posting me a snail mail letter , nice .
    1) Aussie customs for a CCID number
    2) DECO , dept of defence export control office , for Export permit
    3 ) Federal Attorney Generals office , for Import permit

Later Chris

R93
    I have been sorted if I buy the rifle by a very generous forum member and it will end up in a licenced holders hands 30km away from home until I am able to pick it up, so I couldn't have been luckier!
    DAF likes this.

I had a chat to my AO about bringing in bits to de-sporterise my Enfield just this month. He said that if its a part for a sporting gun its not much of an issue no permit needed. Unless its the action or a complete gun, then getting an inport permit might be the safest thing just in case. So a "sporting" sako, yes get a NZ permit just to see you right just in case you get an a-hole of a customs officer and Ive had a few over the years. The biggee might be OZ they are "hot" on stopping the small arms trade...let us know how it works out in case I want to do similar.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

ring qge Qld Gun Exchange

they will be able to ship it back to nz if you cant sort a way of bringing it back on the plane