Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Can I still hunt with a 4 shot Browning BAR

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    I guess the old Winchester model 100s are gone too?
    What will be the compo on one of them I wonder ??
    How is this compo going to work - sorry if its already been explained in this mass of information and misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    What will be the compo on one of them I wonder ??
    How is this compo going to work - sorry if its already been explained in this mass of information and misinformation
    Very relevant point. Probably not a lot of fiscal value in some of those old firearms but surely a bunch of sentimental value attached to what are often first rifles/or an inhereted piece with many memories

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Very relevant point. Probably not a lot of fiscal value in some of those old firearms but surely a bunch of sentimental value attached to what are often first rifles/or an inhereted piece with many memories
    For sure - I had a Model 100 308 and sold it in a fit of madness when divorced etc
    Shot a lot of Deer with it too - all open sights
    But - prob never worth more than 500$
    If I still had it - would not sell for that - so there is your backup answer :-)

considering you see burnt out old BAR's and even remmy's going for 500+I would suggest there is the possibilities of some good prices. A Winchester 100 in tidy order would have to be 700 plus wouldn't it? not a lot around so hard to price.
    The aussie buy back did I believe have some allowance for rarer firearms and did pay quite well in some applications.
    Their issue was getting a guy in that may've had dads rare browning shotgun and between him and the cops not knowing different, getting shit all for it. The opposite also held true where they got significantly more than what they were worth.
    IF these idiots do a buy back, to make it work they have to pay decent coin otherwise people will get the shits and either sell them to people that shouldn't have them or just keep them.

This 1905 Winchester .35 SL gone too ?
    Name:  20190408_091225.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  5.34 MB
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by john m View Post
    This 1905 Winchester .35 SL gone too ?
    Attachment 108599
    Looks like a semi automatic assault pump action with a high capacity clip capable of holding more than 30 shells
    john m likes this.

Unless I've messed up the math:

$200 million dollars from Treasury estimate in police briefing paper
    250,000 FAL holders also from Treasury estimate
    $800 per licensed holder if, on average, everyone gets (only) one gun stolen by the Jacindagang.
    That's it.
    Nothing for dealers.
    Nothing for accessories.
    Better hope the initial paper does not reflect the final payment, but I know where I'd lay the odds.

Mate at schools dad had a 401 self loader. The push rod at the end was quite neat and elegant I thought. It was restocked in hardwood from one of the old bridges down hokitika way. Saw this back in 80s and done way before that.
    @sightpicture winnie the turncoat did mention it may be significantly more than that but at guess I don't reckon they have a clue.
    tetawa likes this.