Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CSA VZ 58 Carbine

I have indeed had feed issues. I acquired mine second-hand although it might have come via Aoraki - I've just emailed them to find out.

The feed issue is simply that the gun comes with a 10 round mag riveted to 7 that isn't really used anywhere else. Both mags I have here appear to have problems feeding the round into the receiver at the right angle.

In my gun either the bullet is sitting too high in the receiver or it's coming out at too flat of an angle (or both), which causes it to pass over the feed lip without making contact and impact the point on the barrel face. If I hold the magazine release open and pull the back of the mag down about 2mm it feeds fine.

The fix for this may be to get a different mag, maybe a polymer one from Zahal. The problem there is it's a 30 round mag riveted to 7 rounds. It claims to be NZ legal but it's not legal for A-cat and you wouldn't bother pinning a mag on E-cat.

Has anyone encountered this and been able to fix it? It's a beautiful gun so it's a right shame that they all seem to have this issue. If nothing else I'm going to have to wait until I have my E-cat and put it on that and use a regular mag to resolve it.

And my last question is: does anyone know about the .22LR adaptor kits? I understand that they replace the BCG and insert a .22 shroud into the barrel. Has anyone ever seen one in NZ?

In any case, here's mine. I have a Primary Arms Gen II 3x FDE optic and a Waitaki Engineering suppressor coming for it, hopefully this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Antidamage; 16-01-2019 at 02:41 AM.
    dogmatix and mike243 like this.

As mentioned yesterday, I would also look at a better mount and take your time at a Deerstalkers range to get that zeroed.
    Welcome to Sako club.