Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: CZ 527

CZ 527

Hi guys im in the market for a 223 had my eye on a cz 527 , nice & light was wondering if anyone out there has one & would they recommend it ? if not any suggestions ?.Cheers.

Used one in .222, good rifle but the only complaint that I have is that the mag sticks into your back when you've got it on a sling

I had one but in a different model, mine was a 527 but in laminated varmint. It was really a dedicated varmint rig so weighted a bit more than your American version. As for the rifle I loved it, action was nice and the set trigger was amazing.
    100% reliable and very accurate. Often wish I hadn't sold it. Now have a Tikka and it does everything the CZ did but doesn't have the feel or soul the CZ has.
    Great guns mate.
    timattalon and doubleRB like this.

I currently have four, a American in 17 hornet and .221 fireball, and a varmint in .17 hornet and .204 ruger,
    I like them , accurate, well made, reliable and in a compact action, Cz rifles have a well deserved reputation, for a accurate and well made rifle,
    I like the Cz set trigger for load development, and aid in accurate bench shooting,
    I have had to bed both of my varmints, the .17 hornet, was offset in the action to stock, when i bought it new, for the bargain price of $600 Cad, the .204 would throw the odd flier, and a rebbeding of the action, seams to have cured that.
    I hope to sum day, Cz starts to make a 527 stainless version, my only gripe.
    199p and doubleRB like this.

Name:  IMG_0121 (Copy).JPG
Views: 731
Size:  176.1 KBAfter reading the positive comments I thought id best pop into town and grab it I put a 3-9x40 vx 1 leupold ontop and a couple of boxes of ppu 55 grn ammo my neighbour has a small range so after making sure the horses where down the back paddock we put a box through her mint little gun it was quite windy but still half inch groups at 85 yards ,the set trigger is cool , it seems to handle very well comes up to the shoulder nicely & in general feels good...just need to blood it now.
    Timmay, GravelBen and Brooke like this.

Nice mate, well done, they are an awesome little rifle, half inch groups with very average factory ammo in the wind.....fuck you gotta be happy with that.
    Boaraxa likes this.

I ll be the opposite as usual I have one in .17 hornet. It's very accurate. Action feels like a sandpit. Sent back for warranty repair as set trigger did not work. Works now second rifle I Ve ever had a warranty claim on in 20 years The new 22 hornet same action is like sand in your undies . Accurate but jury's out as to weather to keep or not. Light fits ok but there's a ho humm this is not like a tikka or Kimber and a Mauser would simply skunk it Magazines fit like gritty socks. They rust as you look at them same gritty feeling as the bolt

Both shoot really well. But they have issues
    Last edited by Happy; 02-09-2016 at 09:06 PM.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I have a different experience, mine shoost very well even with the factory hornady.
    But as Happy says action is gritty.
    Has been glass bedded but only really because it's a habit, I don't own a working rifle that hasn't been, have had my trigger tuned as well

Very happy with mine, hopefully you'll have the same experience Boaraxa.
    Name:  IMG_0529.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  870.1 KB
    Boaraxa likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

yeah agree about action not been smooth but after experiencing an over priced gritty KIMBER action that was a K more and very over rated and less accurate I THOUGHT THE cz WAS LIGHT YEARS BETTER, oh yeah and more accurate.

I've shot about 400 rounds through my CZ527 at the range. The action definately started off a wee bit rough, and would bind unless it was very well lubricated, more than what I would have normally used. Works flawlessly now though. My bolt is jeweled though so it may be a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    I have a different experience, mine shoost very well even with the factory hornady.
    But as Happy says action is gritty.
    Has been glass bedded but only really because it's a habit, I don't own a working rifle that hasn't been, have had my trigger tuned as well

Very happy with mine, hopefully you'll have the same experience Boaraxa.
    Attachment 54999
    What cal ? I m not totally rubbish ing them but they are different. Some points awesome some no better than others. I would not sell the .17 Hornet it s accurate and fast. I ll put up with the stuff that could be better it wasn't cheap

was an early...15 yrs ago Montana in 7.08, lovely light weight stock but man that action was rough

and while i am rubbishing your kimkers Happy reply to the PM I sent you ya slack shit
    Maca49 likes this.

MSL
    my '527' it's nice and smooth

Yep they make live stuff dead stuff

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 905
Size:  162.7 KB