Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CZ 550 FS

CZ 550 FS

Has anyone shot a CZ 550 FS/owned one and if so what was its performance like???

theres not much info out there on them and I'd like a non American perspective on them so hence asking you guys!

the reason I'm asking is that I'm about to order one and it will take 3 months to get here form the Czech republic and I want to know if their accurate?
    I've heard 1.5inch groups at 100 yards and up are the norm for these types of rifles, I wasn't intending on buying another rifle but for the bush and everything being very traditional I can't say no to it tbh

I'm going to buy it in 6.5x55 which performs well to 300m from what I've been told? but does anyone own one and if so whats its performance like on reds

Again guys any words of wisdom Much appreciated!!!

I had one. 6.5x55
    They are very heavy once they have a 'scope on them.
    Mechanically they are great. Good set trigger and well made.

The full stock makes them a little temperamental. You have to make certain that you keep consistent torque on the screws, especially the end cap.

Mine shot well, mostly under a moa.

Nice to own, nice to dream about. Nice to talk about. A bit impractical.

ok mint! I'm yet to add a traditional hunting rifle with a nice wood stock to it to my collection(one without a bipod,supressor and stain/syn) and the 6.5x55 is a traditional calibre, shoots about the same as the 7mm08 for recoil but with buying a 12ga recently I think I'll learn to deal with it alot better...

How did it recoil by comparison to a traditional hunting rifle with its bavarian style butt and comb?

Also did the stock warp and swell in differentiating weather?
    and did the screws become loose etc?

I was going to mount a redfeild 3-9 pref the 50 model but their hard to get and the 40 is only 329 from wills.

cheers guys!

No trouble with the stock. Recoil was fine. The weight of the rifle dealt to that. Cheek piece is a little low for a good cheek weld with a 'scope. The stock is set up for the iron sights.

I glued in the little nut for the front barrel band screw so that it didn't drop out when I took the stock off.

Cheers

mint cheers for that,after hearing that I'll go order it next week

Here you go:

This was my one...

2 shot "group" (47 grn N560 & 140 Sierra)

Last edited by Tahr; 24-04-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Carlsen had one, my neighbour has one, beautifull Rife.Only trouble I have with them is the 20" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Carlsen had one, my neighbour has one, beautifull Rife.Only trouble I have with them is the 20" barrel.
    Maybe Carlson's one was my one.? I sold it through Carlson.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Carlsen, can be ...interesting

As an aside, if I had another one I would get it in a calibre that justified the weight. Maybe 3006.
    But I won't.

hmm cheers for that, what a truly beautiful rifle, I don't think I'd have the stomach to sell such a firearm!

see the thing is I like the 20" barrel on em, I'm into shorter barreled rifles atm because they point so nicely and you can carry em all day long etc etc... and going by that grouping they shoot really well!

its partly an excuse to buy a wooden stocked rifle with that old world engineering in it that we sadly fail to see very often these days