Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: CZ SP01 Shadow

open is the most boring thing in the world

e: no offense

e2: since production is the biggest & most competitive division these days I can't be the only one who feels this way
    P38, Savage1 and Uplandstalker like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    open is the most boring thing in the world
    Never done it or even plan to. The shotgun class has just gone friggin stupid and is not imo, any test of skill or weapon handling with those ridiculous speed loaders.
    If they put more challenging targets in the events they would be less worried about gimmicks imo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Savage1 and Beaker like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Also what sort of holsters are you guys running?

and what Loads have you found works best?

Cheers
    Pete
    Load, rather forgiving. 3.9 worked real well, but my 9mm carbine needed a bit more, and only wanted to have 1x 9mm load so up'd to 4.2 of vit n320 and all was good. 124gn rusa projectiles, fed and fiocchi primers(prefer feds) and a real basket case of brass, through a 650 with carbide dies.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Never done it or even plan to. The shotgun class has just gone friggin stupid and is not imo, any test of skill or weapon handling with those ridiculous speed loaders.
    If they put more challenging targets in the events they would be less worried about gimmicks imo.

In some ways, kind of like F1, more money generally means faster/more wins......

Plus, as shooting is not my income earner, winning(although i dont like losing when trying to win - if that makes sense) is a bonus, as i just like shooting. In prod, you can have fun, and have the potential to win, if your having a good day. In open, you need to spend big before getting to the same % chance of winning really.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    My 16-40 was like granddads axe, only factory bits remaining were the frame and slide cost me $2k in 1995
    Mine didn't cost anywhere near that.
    I did luck out with the price to be fair.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Load, rather forgiving. 3.9 worked real well, but my 9mm carbine needed a bit more, and only wanted to have 1x 9mm load so up'd to 4.2 of vit n320 and all was good. 124gn rusa projectiles, fed and fiocchi primers(prefer feds) and a real basket case of brass, through a 650 with carbide dies.
    How easy do you source the N320?

I'm running AS30N and AP70.
    Don't really like the 30N but I have kilos of it.

Beaker likes this.

If they put more challenging targets in the events more people would whinge than usual.

i gave it away after 20 years cause it got boring (I moved from Std to Open then to Single Stack/classing at the end).
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

R93
    Shooting static targets with a shotgun bores the hell out of me as well and I have only just started in 3gun.
    If I ever get to run/setup a shotgun event, I guarantee there will be plenty of whinging😆

I am used to stuggling with 10-15 out of a 100 sporting targets.
    I can put my hand on my heart and say I have yet to miss one in 3gun.
    If ya can load fast you can potentially win the whole event with average scores in pistol and rifle stages from what I have seen.

Beaker likes this.

How easy do you source the N320?

I'm running AS30N and AP70.
    Don't really like the 30N but I have kilos of it.

Ah well, i actualy run out of n320, about 8mths ago, but had a few loaded up. Tried using as30n, mixed success plus blood dirty, and the 650 does not like metering it - up to .5gns spread.
    Then, last week was offered 2kgs of n320..... Didnt even get to figure the price before saying yes.
    Its rare as hens teeth at the moment. And no sorry, keeping it all to myself
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Ah well, i actualy run out of n320, about 8mths ago, but had a few loaded up. Tried using as30n, mixed success plus blood dirty, and the 650 does not like metering it - up to .5gns spread.
    Then, last week was offered 2kgs of n320..... Didnt even get to figure the price before saying yes.
    Its rare as hens teeth at the moment. And no sorry, keeping it all to myself
    For not sharing you will be getting the cheapest rum I can find when you come over shooting. And my timer has plenty of different delays that should throw you off your game😆

Beaker and Skatieguy like this.

"instant" is usually confusing
    R93 and Beaker like this.

Standb*BEEPPPP*
    Beaker likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Standb*BEEPPPP*
    Only when your on the mark 😆

For not sharing you will be getting the cheapest rum I can find when you come over shooting. And my timer has plenty of different delays that should throw you off your game��

Bluff called.... I'll see what i can do, 'cause i am not drinking cheap rum! (well, not at the start anyway)

R93
    Bluff called.... I'll see what i can do, 'cause i am not drinking cheap rum! (well, not at the start anyway)
    Ha Ha😆 If you ever do come across a stash we can share let me know. Otherwise I will try and track some down at my end.
    You did say ages ago that AS30N was dirty and I am starting to notice it a lot more now. AP70 is better but not by much and you need a bigger charge for the same performance.