Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By samohtxotom

Thread: DIY 3D printed torch mount for scope

DIY 3D printed torch mount for scope

Thought I'd share a little project I've been working on, had the issue of trying to mount my coyote cannon IR torch which weighs in at 840g (with a centre of mass far forward of the rear tube) without having a huge cantilevered stress on the scope. Out came fusion 360 and the 3d printer and with a few iterations I think it's good to go, mounts very firmly and it doesn't wobble around at all even when you shake the rifle. Cost $6.76 in PETG and took 6.5 hours to print. Surprisingly strong as well, after one failed iteration I had to smash it to get the nut out and it required many smacks with the hammer before it broke apart. Also making one for a member (without the front section) for a spotlight that's less difficult to mount. Name:  GridArt_20240417_135156824.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  8.66 MB
    TianBotha, MB, wekaman and 2 others like this.

Nice work, that is one of those "it's so simple and obvious, why didn't I think of it" ideas.