Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DPT Suppressor tight baffles

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

DPT Suppressor tight baffles

Team, I have a DPT over barrel suppressor with modular baffles. Very good unit and Im getting another one put on the 7-08 now.
    Maybe I should ask Darren first but my baffle stack has two units pretty much stuck together and the first baffle also won't come off the main section.
    Anyone have the same problem?
    I don't want to put it in a vice or similar as the walls are not very heavy and I don't want an oval baffle.
    I did try a little bit of heat without success and was thinking a soak in something may be the fix?

I have one the same. Stuck baffles.
    The last one I got had instructions about grease and how to keep them freed up, but it was a bit late.

Same here. I dont care though. I'll shoot it out till its buggered and buy another one. That'll be a while yet I'm sure I'll get my $300 worth
    Dougie likes this.

Anti seize is a wonderful thing.

I would try boiling the thing then with gloves submerg the male part only in ice water and try and undo by hand.
    failing that i would not recommend any other method to someone who is not me

that way you should get enough expansion,contraction without enough heat to damage anything.

as a fridge dude you would have access to liquid freon

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Caretaker
    They stick with carbon buildup and occasionally wet carbon that liquified then dries in the threads similar to black loctite

The trick is to disassemble regularly and clean and grease properly.

If stuck I can imagine soaking in diesel/kero mix for a week should soften the carbon, and won't harm the anodising.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I think you'll find the first baffle that won't come undone from the main section is in fact the module containing the threaded section, and is loctited to the main chamber. Have a close look inside with the other modules off. Unless you're meaning the next one along of course..

My modular can is all fused up too - so now with my more recent overbarrel, I just unscrew each of the modules a few turns of the thread when storing. Only takes a couple of seconds to get it ready to go again.
    Dougie likes this.

Is there any particular reason why these cans are modular? Just interested

I have the same thing with mine its been used twice the 1st time I went to take it apart to clean the threads as I don't want not to be able to take it apart. and found 2 had stuck together wasn't worried too much though 2nd time I used it I noticed another 2 were stuck together so now I have 4 of the 5 stuck together
    this is after less than 20 rounds.... ive very carefully tried a soft jaw vice to grip one baffle while using hand pressure to undo but no luck...

however that being said they are a very good unit and work extremely well mines quite fine to shoot with out muffs and is way quieter than some other way more pricey ones I've owned/used so very happy with the dpt (apart from this relatively minor issue )

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    Is there any particular reason why these cans are modular? Just interested
    its so you can remove/add baffles so you could remove 2 of the 5 baffles and sacrifice a little quietness but have a shorter suppressor or buy an extra baffle or 2 and add them to make it even quieter but make it a little longer it just makes things a little more customizable for your needs

As 7mmsaum suggested, soak them. Brakeleen?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Dealt to it.
    Shear horse power from the hands department got one apart and a strap wrench dealt to the other.
    Still got the cap on the forward unit but meh, not worried there.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Dealt to it.
    Shear horse power from the hands department got one apart and a strap wrench dealt to the other.
    Still got the cap on the forward unit but meh, not worried there.
    dpt lock tights that on its not ment to be taken off says that on the info sheet you get with your can
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

just managed to get mine apart as well got my brother onto it who is a lot stronger than me he managed to take them apart by hand

They will come undone with some muscle. I take mine apart regularly as I switch between 6.5 and 308 barrels

Anti sieze or grease on the threads

Carbon will build up inside where they screw together whuch may explain the tightness. Like everything elee look after your gear. Mine hasvprob 200 riunds through it so far

Ive had mine a couple weeks an over barrel on a 243, Just a bit of brute hand strength to get it all apart. The end cap and module are Loctite and the first baffle with the thread has Loctite as well. The instruction sheet explains the care and cleaning etc. I just loosen the baffles a bit by hand and tighten again after firing and will do the first clean as per instructions.