Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

DTP Total Solution 5-In-1 Gun Oil

Hi all. Has anyone used the DTP Total Solution 5-In-1 Gun Oil from Guncity? Bought a can on boxing day and used it for the first time today. Something doesn't seem right with it, smells weird, bit like flyspray. Theres probably a reason why they're selling the stuff quite cheap.

Find a MSDS for it and have a look what's in it. Might have an aromatic of some sort added?

DBD
    You gotta shake it up before use. Does what it says on the can.
    It takes 20 barrels of water to make 1 barrel of beer...

Doesn't smell as nice as G96 that's for sure. Having a quick sniff of the other common brands on the shelf I'm wondering if the DTP DOESN'T have an aromatic added to it and the others do? Ballistol has a bit of aniseed smell to it I think and the others also have a bit of a nicer smell.

Regardless it seems to work pretty well. We tested it for a while before we got it in and have had no issues with it so far. We've sold heaps, and I mean heaps, of cans of it and I haven't heard anyone coming back saying it's shit yet.