Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Early Christmas Present

MB
    Thar, got a feeling the animals in your area are in a lot of trouble!
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    its a night vision day and night 'scope, not thermal. Need to be a computer buff to drive it Im hoping that @55six is going to run a night class for new owners Or maybe I will get my 15 year old grandson in as a consultant.
    This guy does some pretty good video on the use and setup.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3CmBB4hUE
    Tahr and Trout like this.

Good luck with that Tahr.lols
    Tahr likes this.

Sighted the Arken in today. Reasonably straight forward once I sorted that x is across and y is uppy downy. It's mounted on my Tikka and sighted it in for 77grn Sierra TMK. Easy enough to get tiny groups of under .5moa. Ended up with it 1.5" high at 100yds and dead on at 200 as I wanted.

Had a good scan around and magpies at 530 yards were clear at 20x and shootable (if I was able to hit them).

Christmas period task is to get my lads to help me sort the ballistic program (which adjusts the reticle through the range finder) and I will be away. In the mean time I can use the Moa reticle.

This is an excellent little gadget. Pests be afraid.
    7mmsaum, nor-west, Trout and 4 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

More on the Arken.
    I gave it a spin and shot 3 deer.

By just having it on standby and powering up when I needed it in 6 hours I used hardly any battery. When in standby it takes a millisecond to come on. It takes about 3 seconds from right off.

It's very bright and clear in the field - like looking at a very good TV screen. Without putting the IR on you get about an hours extra hunting after dusk, and I doubt you would need the IR in good moonlight.

For the couple of deer I shot in the daylight it was no problem lining them up and focussing the thing. I shot the first deer at 20 power and the second now I think about it was probably back on 5 x.

I used the IR on a deer at about 250 yards. At the time I thought that would be about as far as you could use it but today I found that you can adjust the beam and I had it adjusted for close so I anticipate that it will be good for over 300 yards. I clicked the magnification up for the deer I shot in the IR and I might have been as high as 20x. Bowled it no trouble anyway.

This thing is hard to fault.
    I haven't loaded the ballistics into it yet and for some reason the range finder wouldn't work when I was hunting. Bound to be some setting that Ive got wrong. Once Ive mastered the tech side its going to be a damn handy thing for the private land pest stuff I do.

I like it.

Name:  IMG_9195.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  6.19 MB
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi