Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Endorsement audits continue.

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Exemption for professionals is written in the new legislation. But what endorsement they will be under is a mystery to all
    I don't recall seeing any exemption in the law. I'll have a look sometime

Exemption classes for prohibited firearms from Police website;

A licensed dealer, or an employee or agent of a licensed dealer.
    A bona fide collector of firearms.
    A person to whom a prohibited item has special significance as an heirloom or memento.
    A director or curator of a bona fide museum.
    An approved employee or member of a broadcaster (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1989) or a bona fide theatre company, society, cinematic, television film production company, or video recording production company.
    A person who is employed or engaged by the Department of Conservation and involved in operations for the purpose of controlling wild animals or animal pests. (In accordance with the Wildlife Act 1953, the Wild Animal Control 1977, the Conservation Act 1987, or the Biosecurity Act 1993)
    A person who is the holder of a concession granted by the Minister of Conservation to undertake wild animal recovery operations (In accordance with the Wildlife Act 1953, the Wild Animal Control 1977, the Conservation Act 1987, or the Biosecurity Act 1993)
    A person who is employed or engaged by a management agency as defined in section 100 of the Biosecurity Act 1993 and involved in operations for the purpose of controlling wild animals or animal pests in accordance with that Act.
    A person whose sole business, or a substantial part of whose business, is providing services to control prescribed wild animals or animal pests, or a person employed or engaged by that person for that purpose. Prescribed animals are wild deer, chamois, tahr, wild pigs, wild goats, wallaby, feral rabbit, feral hare, and Canadian Geese.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    The most reliable source of info about guns I've downloaded the pdf so will find out soon

Exemption for professionals is written in the new legislation. But what endorsement they will be under is a mystery to all

Hearing rumors that it will be a new endorsement G .

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Hearing rumors that it will be a new endorsement G .
    Na it will be new endorsement "P" after all if they are decriminalising drugs then why not kills Pests while on P?

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I don't recall seeing any exemption in the law. I'll have a look sometime
    Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Act 2019 No 12, Public Act – New Zealand Legislation
    Section 4A

I wonder if all with the MSSA (E-Cat) endorsement will automatically get the new endorsement?
    Considering the costs to get that MSSA endorsement and the extra hurdles to jump, they'll either have to pay out or endorse with whatever the new 1 will be called.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

I wonder if all with the MSSA (E-Cat) endorsement will automatically get the new endorsement?
    Considering the costs to get that MSSA endorsement and the extra hurdles to jump, they'll either have to pay out or endorse with whatever the new 1 will be called.
    Id say nope no way in hell, unless your employed as pest control you wont get to use a semi auto centrefire ever again legally unless you join the army, and they will not pay out for your old endorsement or $$$$ forked for endorsed safe.

Well look at that........WILD ANIMAL CONTROL! Himmmmm deer thar etc no longer called pests also control not eradicate
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Cheers. Saw that... Kind of over looked it the first time I read it when it was fresh off the press as I would never qualify lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I would never qualify lol.

That seems to be the whole idea.

It is still possible the second tranche might squeeze in a slightly wider range of exemptions, still worth hassling our MPs about it.
    Russian 22. likes this.