Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Fierce Rifles

  1. #1
    Bos
    Bos is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Blenheim
    Posts
    254

    Fierce Rifles

    Just when you think there aren't to many rifle brands you haven't heard of, one pops up
    Got handed a "Fierce"308 this morning that a gunsmith mate of mine had shortened and suppressed. This thing looked like Mrs Sako and Mr Remington had had a one night stand. Looks like a Remington receiver and a Sako magazine and floor plate assembly. Shortened to 18 inches and certainly felt pretty good to handle.

  2. #2
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    6,698
    dannyb likes this.

  3. #3
    Member Clint Ruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    north
    Posts
    346
    Gun city brought a pile in a year ago . Seen a carbon barreled one was quite nice.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Blenhiem
    Posts
    692
    I almost got one last year in 338 lapua but chickened out last minute, could justify the coin plus the dies etc.
    Nice looking rig with all the trick ti and carbon bits for a factory rifle much like the Christensen Arms. Too good for me I would treat it like a Sako or tikka work horse and just scratch it every trip and put to many rounds through it.

  5. #5
    Member Bavarian_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    1,619
    My brother has one, for me a $6,000 rifle that neither feels better nor shoots animals deader than my $1500 A7. Then again i prefer wood if I'm paying good money. Even then after a point you're paying for aesthetics.
    Frodo and dannyb like this.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    980
    Aesthetics is sometimes worth the cost, if it's all done by hand. i.e engraving or carving. It might be hard to justify, but man hours cost $.

  7. #7
    Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Temuka
    Posts
    1,300
    Is there an importer/agent in the country for them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

  8. #8
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Is there an importer/agent in the country for them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You might find this interesting @Dreamer

    https://www.rokslide.com/fierce-ct-edge-rifle-review/
    Dreamer likes this.

  9. #9
    Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Temuka
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Thank you sir
    Tahr likes this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    444
    They look quite nice.

  11. #11
    Member Gusto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    114
    The value seems good to me I just ordered one in 7mm mag $5500 with carbon barrel and stock the action is a Sako clone. Iíll let you know how it goes when it turns up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tahr, 199p, Dreamer and 1 others like this.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    326
    Im tempted to buy one of their stocks to put on my Sako85 with Shilen barrel.

    Seeing as no bugger can import Christensen and McMillan stocks at a reasonable price

  13. #13
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    Im tempted to buy one of their stocks to put on my Sako85 with Shilen barrel.

    Seeing as no bugger can import Christensen and McMillan stocks at a reasonable price
    Their stocks are shit, like southforts the barrel channel is just exposed filler, looks like over time the outer carbon shell will just start pulling away from the filler. There's a stock off one at gun city in chch for sale, looks nice from the outside but bloody rough in the inlet and barrel channel
    Tribrit likes this.
    #30GANG....

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Their stocks are shit, like southforts the barrel channel is just exposed filler, looks like over time the outer carbon shell will just start pulling away from the filler. There's a stock off one at gun city in chch for sale, looks nice from the outside but bloody rough in the inlet and barrel channel
    Thats good info actually, its the one on GunCity website I was looking at.

    All I want is a carbon 85 M action stock, preferably painted in snow camo but il take whatever.

    Have looked at Southfort. The article in the paper earlier this year worried me a bit, especially when I'd have to hand over a substantial amount of money, and a very expensive, very accurate rifle to get it bedded.

  15. #15
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    Thats good info actually, its the one on GunCity website I was looking at.

    All I want is a carbon 85 M action stock, preferably painted in snow camo but il take whatever.

    Have looked at Southfort. The article in the paper earlier this year worried me a bit, especially when I'd have to hand over a substantial amount of money, and a very expensive, very accurate rifle to get it bedded.
    Look at Ken Henderson (Hi-Tec Composites)
    striker and mikee like this.
    #30GANG....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FIERCE RIFLES
    By Gun Runner NZ in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 27-10-2019, 02:21 PM
  2. FS: Rifles etc
    By nevereadyfreddy in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-10-2017, 09:08 PM
  3. FS: Rifles
    By 300_BLK in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-09-2017, 10:22 PM
  4. Fierce arms
    By 199p in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 08:10 PM
  5. Fierce arms
    By camo wsm in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-04-2014, 01:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!