Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Flir driver software help needed

This could be a good power option. Can make up leads with cigarette socket to spade or alligator clips. Gives you options.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car...ff1083e8ed8723
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Awesome, cheers!!

Stupid technology.... Brought the right parts and drivers not available :sigh:

A usb socket would probably work for your power supply, regulated 5v. Im not sure what you after for the capture device but ive got one with a micro usb on one end and bnt on the other, used it for my home made NV setup using an android phone for a screen. If you can pick it up its yours chch

Got the power supply issue sorted (haven't confirmed but it all looks good and can always just use my rechargeable aa's

Thermal has an rca output, laptop has USB input need to get the two to talk. Rca output works as it talked to the TV succesfully

Thats what this does, same as what Gadget Man posted except I cut off the RCA and USB and replaced them with a BNT to connect to camera and a micro USB to connect to phone. Its just the plugs that are different to what you have

How did you get the software to work? Laptop finds the device but apparently there are no drivers online available

I never used it on pc but it did come with a cd that got thrown out a long time ago, its probably a matter of finding software online that doesnt look too dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    I never used it on pc but it did come with a cd that got thrown out a long time ago, its probably a matter of finding software online that doesnt look too dodgy
    Trouble I have with phone or tablet is finding a way to find the device once it's plugged in

There was an app I used and it pretty much worked straight away, that said my new phone doesnt have usb on the go (OTG) so it wont work at all and it seems pretty hard to find out which devices have OTG

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli_Dog View Post
    There was an app I used and it pretty much worked straight away, that said my new phone doesnt have usb on the go (OTG) so it wont work at all and it seems pretty hard to find out which devices have OTG
    Tried with my tablet, just looked for my phone and can't find the bloody Hong so won't be trying hat tonight

So it turns out the jaycar saleslady sold me completely the wrong thing (after 3 phone calls with them) and even with @gadgetman great advice/help/emails it still won't work,... I owe you a drink / bowl of fries when we finally met up!