Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Game Reaper rings

Quote Originally Posted by SPEARONZ View Post
    Anyone used them for 34mm scopes? If so would they handle a 900gm scope?
    I'm fairly sure you can get some larger ones that suit the larger diameter tubes
    SPEARONZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LMcNab View Post
    Heres the set on my Howa Alpine, these were actually advertised as being for a weatherby vangaurd, no mention of Howa. I was pretty sure they were exaclty the same so took the gamble. Im assuming it was something to do with franchises being obligated to certain brands or some such rubbish.

Attachment 182942

And here is the set on the Tikka

Attachment 182943

I like the one piece setup, they are super easy to install, lightweight and so far have been rock solid. The price is also pretty competitive compared to other options and with them attaching straight to the action, my theory was it reduced the number of points where movement was possible.
    Both these rifles are chambered in 308, and the Tikka is running a 16 inch barrel so it is pretty lively and the zero moved once in 3 years when I fell on my ass with it slung over my shoulder.
    Anyway, moral is, for a hunting rifle, Id struggle to recommend them highly enough!
    I have put a set on our T3 223 replacing our Tikka Optilock rings. They are impressive. Head and neck shooting with confidence. My mate used my rifle last night nailing 3 deer dispatched that way. He loved it. Great advice. They just do not move. Rock solid.