Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Good Gun Shop feedback

And everyone keep shopping online just to save a buck In 10 or even 5 yrs you lol have no gun shops in NZ. Except the ones you do not want to visit Its comin folks
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I went there to jack up free advertising for THEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All good. Bit more context needed
    veitnamcam and Dougie like this.

New manager at mainly hunting I found useless and a bit arrogant. in fact I went to gun city instead and dare I say it for the first time in a bloody long time they had everything I wanted without having to get it ordered in and prices seemed relatively competitive.

And dougie I'm not surprised they went helpful they might of been intimidated for all you know. Did you ask to talk to the manager? I get the impression gun shops don't like being a courier service unless there's something in it for them

I am happy here with H&F they even get my name and address right.
    Name:  picture 4684.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  164.4 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

So you have one of those remmy bucket o bullets bullets left, better get another one page 154
    Dundee likes this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    South African guy. I had to pin him down to talk, with eye contact and "Gidday", picking up stuff going to the counter and I still couldn't get anyone to speak to me.

I asked, "do you not sell magazines here?" And he grunted a no, I said "oh. I write for NZO and I wanted to provide some free advertising of a shop in return for getting things posted here" another grunt, looking at the floor, I gave up at that point. No suggestion of who I could go to instead like who the manager or owner was to talk to. I bought my item and left in awkward silence.

I'm not trying to say I'm a big headed be all and end all.

What I loved about Mainly Hunting was the genuine love and enthusiasm of the outdoors and passion to get people onto things. They were always honest and helpful and excited. I was hoping for a similar thing in HB. Perhaps it was a bad day for this chap. I might give it another go but the mag may well say no anyway seeing as they don't sell any magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats Mark, hes actually a bloody good guy and very knowledgeable with all things firearms and hunting.

Unfortunately with the sale of the business some of them be loosing there jobs. So staff morale may not be at a record high.

Once again, its all about context and knowing the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapper T View Post
    Shooters Supplies in Christchurch has a new owner as of a few months back, the best service of any gun shop in Christchurch, selection and they'll beat any price on any item! 10/10 for selection, price, service and knowledge. With an onhand gunsmith, they'll help source a huge range of parts, have an unmatched knowledge of the majority of all munitions and firearms and a 30 year history. Shooters Supplies FTW and over Gun City anyday. Down Riccarton Road, head there ahead of other gun shops in Christchurch for gun related buys and help, some great guys up in there and they have a new website at shooterssupplies.co.nz.
    lol, probably shouldn't have the staff sign up here just to write positive reviews

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I am happy here with H&F they even get my name and address right.
    Attachment 31357
    Anyone could work out that you are at 22 Rimfire Road Dundee. Ha ha ha ha
    sakokid likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    It's true
    All they'd tell me is that the owner pulled the plug

As best I can tell the internet is the main competitor, not that bunch of spankcarrots down the road who took over the old Hamills - look around, there's a plethora of online firearm importers in this country.
    It's part of a wider picture for bricks and mortar retail in general - talk of womens' fashion shops charging women to try on dresses because they size it in the shop then order it online. Used bookstores throwing out people using handheld scanners to match their prices against ebay and the like to see if it's worth buying the book and reselling it for profit, we've all heard the stories - retail is a hard slog

Moritz the gunsmith has gone to NZ Ammunition Co in Upper Hutt and when I asked the boys what they were doing they assured me they were gonna be male prostitutes - cheerful as ever..
    Im not surprised Mainly Hunting went out of business. No foot/car traffic and not open in the weekends except Saturday morning. Thats a formula for failure straight away. Its a pity as they were by far the most interesting gun store in Wellington. We look at opening a bricks and mortar every few months but the figures never work out, nor the lifestyle.
    Dougie and Tommy like this.

Great service

My phone call log shows I rang Dead Eye Dicks at 1549 yesty and ordered a Slik Carbon Tripod and ball head.

Delivered 1221 today great service thank you.

B
    veitnamcam, Dougie and beagan257 like this.

...I have had two very good experiences in as many weeks with Serious Shooters in Auckland.

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    My phone call log shows I rang Dead Eye Dicks at 1549 yesty and ordered a Slik Carbon Tripod and ball head.

Delivered 1221 today great service thank you.

B
    I thought those crazy ball heads had been chased out of town way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    crazy ball head ?
    FYM, I resemble that remark

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    FYM, I resemble that remark
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    If Im at a gunshop for the 1st time I tend to give them a bit of leeway . Seems that you have to prove your not a dickhead , tire kicking know all waist of time before you get "noticed". I have seen ( and had to wait till they had finished ) some absolute wankers inflicting them selves upon the staff , there is a big difference between discussing a pertinent issue with a staff member ,( and possibly purchasing the solution ) and wanking on about how good you are , moaning about the price and how everything the shop have is shit and everything they have is world class............................... but I will never set foot in Elio's again .....dunno who he was but Fuck him ! I had to chase him round the shop and corner him to even start the sale process , asked for a cobra sling , saw the price and realised I might just have enough for the 2nd hand steel Brno#2 mag I had spied in the cabinet , when I asked about it he just walked off in mid conversation..... I thought he was getting the mag but no , he just fucked off .
    I hear what you are saying, Happy , but if I get treated like shit for no good reason I don't go back ..... ever , I have yet to receive anything but good service when buying gun/hunting related products on line
    @hamsav. Local shop told me at their last conference (it's a franchise) they got told a survey of NZ Couriers two years ago said around 30% deliveries to houses. Now it's 50 something so it's all changed Where it ends dunno. I did ask what their new strategy to get folks back was and there was no answer. its gotta be hard at least he owns the building
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..