Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Good Gun Shop feedback

J.T
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Went in there the other day (action), very disappointed Might give Craftys a whirl, is there anywhere else in Napier/Hastings that the staff members will actually speak to me and want to jack up some deals for free advertising for their shop? Don't really want to support H&F, interested in a family owned business if possible.

I miss my Mainly Hunting in Wellington
    You are kidding me arnt you?.
    Tantrum much!don't worry about H n F as they have plenty of good genuine buggers to help them out not that they really need it.don't hassle rivers to ranges either that shop has a good Rep that dosnt need tainting

Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Herpes....?
    Something around the mouth but not herpes!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Herpes....?
    if that's what she wanted i would go and get it to give her

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

J.T
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    if that's what she wanted i would go and get it to give her

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    I've built up an immunity to most std's so I'd have to lie to her
    von tempsky fan and Toby like this.

Shooters Supplies

Shooters Supplies in Christchurch has a new owner as of a few months back, the best service of any gun shop in Christchurch, selection and they'll beat any price on any item! 10/10 for selection, price, service and knowledge. With an onhand gunsmith, they'll help source a huge range of parts, have an unmatched knowledge of the majority of all munitions and firearms and a 30 year history. Shooters Supplies FTW and over Gun City anyday. Down Riccarton Road, head there ahead of other gun shops in Christchurch for gun related buys and help, some great guys up in there and they have a new website at shooterssupplies.co.nz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Did you go there for help or to try and get a deal? Normally takes a bit of time for a shop to see you as a regular loyal customer.
    I went there to jack up free advertising for THEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Argh my posts are obviously not coming across well.

I want a shop to support here and plug in the magazine, FB etc in return for providing an address I can get things posted to (so people don't know my personal address). That's it.

I didn't want anything free, I don't think I'm important, I don't want to be Melissa Bachman, I simply miss the guys at my old local who remembered my name and I was happy to recommend as an awesome shop for newbies to go to, because they are an awesome shop.

stumpy likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Argh my posts are obviously not coming across well.

I want a shop to support here and plug in the magazine, FB etc in return for providing an address I can get things posted to (so people don't know my personal address). That's it.

I didn't want anything free, I don't think I'm important, I don't want to be Melissa Bachman, I simply miss the guys at my old local who remembered my name and I was happy to recommend as an awesome shop for newbies to go to, because they are an awesome shop.

Try action outdoors again or rivers to ranges
    Craftys is well past it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Magless View Post
    Try action outdoors again or rivers to ranges
    Craftys is well past it IMO.

Rogee I'll pop in again some time and give a second go.

And to clear it up for Neckshot, I wasn't bagging anyone. I have my honest experience and my honest intentions. I'd like a "little guy" shop as my regular.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Who did you speak with there? I know the owners, most the staff there are normally pretty good eh. I know 3 of them.

The business has been sold and new local owner takes over Dec 1
    South African guy. I had to pin him down to talk, with eye contact and "Gidday", picking up stuff going to the counter and I still couldn't get anyone to speak to me.

I asked, "do you not sell magazines here?" And he grunted a no, I said "oh. I write for NZO and I wanted to provide some free advertising of a shop in return for getting things posted here" another grunt, looking at the floor, I gave up at that point. No suggestion of who I could go to instead like who the manager or owner was to talk to. I bought my item and left in awkward silence.

I'm not trying to say I'm a big headed be all and end all.

What I loved about Mainly Hunting was the genuine love and enthusiasm of the outdoors and passion to get people onto things. They were always honest and helpful and excited. I was hoping for a similar thing in HB. Perhaps it was a bad day for this chap. I might give it another go but the mag may well say no anyway seeing as they don't sell any magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapper T View Post
    Shooters Supplies in Christchurch has a new owner as of a few months back, the best service of any gun shop in Christchurch, selection and they'll beat any price on any item! 10/10 for selection, price, service and knowledge. With an onhand gunsmith, they'll help source a huge range of parts, have an unmatched knowledge of the majority of all munitions and firearms and a 30 year history. Shooters Supplies FTW and over Gun City anyday. Down Riccarton Road, head there ahead of other gun shops in Christchurch for gun related buys and help, some great guys up in there and they have a new website at shooterssupplies.co.nz.
    Let me guess, you work there?
    Savage1 and Toby like this.

And they closed down, final day today

What I loved about Mainly Hunting was the genuine love and enthusiasm of the outdoors and passion to get people onto things. They were always honest and helpful and excited.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    And they closed down, final day today
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

It's true
    All they'd tell me is that the owner pulled the plug

As best I can tell the internet is the main competitor, not that bunch of spankcarrots down the road who took over the old Hamills - look around, there's a plethora of online firearm importers in this country.
    It's part of a wider picture for bricks and mortar retail in general - talk of womens' fashion shops charging women to try on dresses because they size it in the shop then order it online. Used bookstores throwing out people using handheld scanners to match their prices against ebay and the like to see if it's worth buying the book and reselling it for profit, we've all heard the stories - retail is a hard slog

Moritz the gunsmith has gone to NZ Ammunition Co in Upper Hutt and when I asked the boys what they were doing they assured me they were gonna be male prostitutes - cheerful as ever..

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    It's true
    All they'd tell me is that the owner pulled the plug

As best I can tell the internet is the main competitor, not that bunch of spankcarrots down the road who took over the old Hamills - look around, there's a plethora of online firearm importers in this country.
    It's part of a wider picture for bricks and mortar retail in general - talk of womens' fashion shops charging women to try on dresses because they size it in the shop then order it online. Used bookstores throwing out people using handheld scanners to match their prices against ebay and the like to see if it's worth buying the book and reselling it for profit, we've all heard the stories - retail is a hard slog

Moritz the gunsmith has gone to NZ Ammunition Co in Upper Hutt and when I asked the boys what they were doing they assured me they were gonna be male prostitutes - cheerful as ever..
    Ah, well that's a shame but I can totally understand it. You're 100% correct about Retail being a bloody hard business these days.

I hope to see the guys kicking around, I near hugged them when I saw them at the Sika Show! That gunsmith is hard case crack up. All the best to them all.