Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Good looking piece on trademe

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    All good mate. The other half is on nights for a while yet.
    They do have a mutual friend staying to do some long range work. A guy by the name of Rob Maylor. You may or may not want to take your chances. Depends if you read his book.
    Ha ha ha ha sounds like that warning to young fellahs who come sniffing around long range shooters daughters I saw a while back. From a place you will never see, will come a sound you will never hear. Ha ha ha ha
    Pengy and Huk like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Thumbs up

You need to get a life you sexist pig. That is a very good friend of mine and its a very sad day when a woman can not advertise a rifle on trade me without some sicko making degrading comments like you have posted.
    Tahr likes this.

Love the helpful comment on where the guy says that her shooting is "ok" for that range.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by wild1 View Post
    You need to get a life you sexist pig. That is a very good friend of mine and its a very sad day when a woman can not advertise a rifle on trade me without some sicko making degrading comments like you have posted.
    @Maca49 I think this is referring to you.
    Pengy and FatLabrador like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

F off I only gave compliments!! @Rushy
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

As a first post you could start by introducing yourself properly instead of calling people sexist pigs.
    Most people who advertise their rifle on trademe don't show themselves with their rifle.
    What do you think would be comments if that forum was a largely female dominated forum (99%) and it was instead a Chippendale or an athlete advertising for his rifle?
    Most of the comments have been very reasonable I believe .

As a first post you could start by introducing yourself properly instead of calling people sexist pigs.
    Most people who advertise their rifle on trademe don't show themselves with their rifle.
    What do you think would be comments if that forum was a largely female dominated forum (99%) and it was instead a Chippendale or an athlete advertising for his rifle?
    Most of the comments have been very reasonable I believe .

And an another point, the name of the person advertising the rifle on trademe is named Dean. I suppose it is Claire partner ? By exposing her on the public domain in that particular picture they both have to be prepared to received comments, good or bad.
    Same goes with me by putting my picture on here.

Yep that was a honey photo !! Hahahahahaha. Pity, I didn't see how a poser in a rifle sale wasn't trying to use some sex to sell? Why else would you do it!
    zimmer likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

This whole thread is one cringeworthy comment after another
    gimp, veitnamcam, Timmay and 7 others like this.

The comments made in this thread are sexually orientated and demeaning. This forum is meant to be about promoting hunting and shooting for everyone, all ages and gender. Do you think any woman is going to get into hunting and shooting if they see these sorts of sexist attitudes? For some members of this forum to think they can objectify and make sexually derogatory comments about an accomplished shooter and hunter because she is a woman is below contempt! They border on cyber bullying and we are considering how far to take this.

The above is on a general level - now on a personal level, thanks to Pengy, you know where we live and have threatened to stalk my wife when I’m away. Anyone who thinks it’s OK to make these sexist, abusive and demeaning comments and threaten to ‘stalk’ my wife, stop hiding behind the anonymity of this forum and come and face me so this matter can be resolved.
    Tahr, Pointer, Gerbs and 2 others like this.

You have just confirmed you are a sexist pig. To hold a view that a woman can't be seen on a public domain without sexual harrassment shows who you are and the attitudes you have. With that sort of thinking best your get the f*^k back to France.
    Tahr, BRADS, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Yip you guys need to pull your heads in, this is shit reading and from some people I previously respected. Grow the fuck up
    gimp, Tahr, veitnamcam and 3 others like this.

It is her rifle and she shot the 800. The photo showed the shot. Your gutter mentality clouded your thinking
    wild1 likes this.

With all due respect the photo showing her and the 800m gong is not needed to sell the rifle but i can only assume it is used to gain attention like many other advertisements and music videos. You would have to expect you would receive some comments and rightly so as a woman shooting long range targets is a great thing! Some of the comments however are distasteful and not a good selling point for this forum or the people who make them. This is the internet after all and a lot should be ignored as it is meaningless dribble. Good on you for supporting her and her hobbies.

Matto - appreciate your comments but the photo was about the 800 gong and the rifle.....if there was a photo handy of just the gong & rifle then maybe it would have been used but why can the proud shooter / owner not be in the photo too. Yes there are several forum members who need to take a good look at themselves and how they behaved on this post.
    Tahr likes this.