Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Gun City why do people dislike them?

I've never bought anything from Guncity, I generally don't buy stuff from H&F either. I will go in for a browse but 99% of the time the wallet stays in my pocket.

One thing that really p*sses me off about sales people, is when they try selling you stuff that you know more about than they do! Seems to happen every time I go into H&F for a browse.

If I can't get it online or through Shooters World (always at a very good price) I probably don't need it.

I did buy my GSP through the Tipple girls, they were very helpful and it was quite an enjoyable experience
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I've never bought anything from Guncity, I generally don't buy stuff from H&F either. I will go in for a browse but 99% of the time the wallet stays in my pocket.

One thing that really p*sses me off about sales people, is when they try selling you stuff that you know more about than they do! Seems to happen every time I go into H&F for a browse.

If I can't get it online or through Shooters World (always at a very good price) I probably don't need it.

I did buy my GSP through the Tipple girls, they were very helpful and it was quite an enjoyable experience
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzrrr View Post
    GunCity's pricing (usually lower insanely higher than most) keeps the other retailers prices in check in business
    Fixed it for you
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    Hey JoshC ... how is the German Short-haired Pointer (GSP) working out for you? Buying a pup should always be an enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Getting advice from people who want your money is always a bad idea.
    + 1

It always amazes me that people in this day and age of google and internet don't research stuff before buying . That goes for anything not just firearms .
    6mm ackley likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

researching on the net is the best way i have found to get all sides of the story, it's very rare to get the same opinion from every one so as long as you can take the pros and cons and make your decision from that then it is the best way to do it i think.

my experience was terrible service but i also had the same with large players in the motor industry and it's often the basic stuff that holds up the rest which is always the most frustrating. I ordered v8 engine parts from the auckland, the US and australia and the last items to arrive was the gasket set and lifters (cheapest parts i think) from Segedins in auckland and they held up the whole build for over two weeks. Mind you the charge on my credit card was immediate so they aren't slow at everything haha

I've only bought two items from GunCity.
    One was a HID Spotlight, I purchased this online and payed for it by card. After all the payment was done, about an hour later I received a phone call from GunCity. The nice lady told me they had marked the Spotlight at the wrong price and would fund me back $45. I thought this was great! The parcel then arrived the next morning when I had opted for the 2-3 day post.
    The other item was a brick of .22magnum ammo, I was in Auckland and went to there store to buy it after sourcing it from there website. I asked the man at the counter who then told me they were out of it, he took my details down and would get to them to post it from Christchurch. Three days later when I was back home, the ammo arrived via courier. The parcel was a lot bigger and heavier than what I expected. I opened it to find three bricks! 750 rounds instead of the original 250 that I payed $91.99 for. I kept all the receipts just case they realised the mistake they'd made and would get in contact with me. But nothing!
    So really, I couldn't be more happy with GunCity! May have left me a bit bias on the count that I got 500 rounds for free haha.

Keegan
    Gunzrrr likes this.

that's called winning from bad service haha

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    that's called winning from bad service haha
    Winning on such a high level! Saved me over $182! I was so happy haha

I always bought from Gun City many years ago when Dave Tipple was behind the counter.
    Would never consider shopping anywhere else at that time.
    Dave had the best prices in town, and always good for a chat.
    Obviously from this forums comments it's all gone pear shaped now Dave isn't the main driving force.
    I'm talking about 30 years or more ago. I have been a long time customer and had absolutely no problems ever.
    But, then again I knew my stuff and what I wanted.
    Shame that such a great shop (with great service/advice) has dropped it's standards.

Their prices on AR's certainly fell only when Digit starting bringing in NEA and GC/public realised $5k for an AR wasn't realistic anymore. Worked for a while, just not realistic but then they're a business, they're there to make a profit and that's what they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Kiwi View Post
    I always bought from Gun City many years ago when Dave Tipple was behind the counter.
    Would never consider shopping anywhere else at that time.
    Dave had the best prices in town, and always good for a chat.
    Obviously from this forums comments it's all gone pear shaped now Dave isn't the main driving force.
    I'm talking about 30 years or more ago. I have been a long time customer and had absolutely no problems ever.
    But, then again I knew my stuff and what I wanted.
    Shame that such a great shop (with great service/advice) has dropped it's standards.
    you can see how it happens, a good guy that knows what he's doing does so well he expands but then he looses the very thing that made it great in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzrrr View Post
    Hey JoshC ... how is the German Short-haired Pointer (GSP) working out for you? Buying a pup should always be an enjoyable experience.
    Very well thanks. She's over four now. A very competent duck dog, and not bad on deer/pigs/cham when she has her head in the game. Upwards of a couple of hundred deer shot over her (or at least when she's been with me).

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi39 View Post
    Just for kicks ... Contrast your consumer experience at guncity against that you've had at reloaders (for arguments sake )

I've had bad experiences at GC. Never had one at reloaders.

I've had great customer service experiences at RL. I've only ever had one at GC.
    Which is why I usually buy off reloaders. My experience with GC enquiring on stuff isnt the best and usually they are amongst the most expensive.

regards
    kiwi39 likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"