Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Gun City XR5 Night Vision goggles

Quote Originally Posted by faregame View Post
    You tube has a lot of videos on them

Pulsar 750 vs Skippy
    PULSAR N750 DIGISIGHT KANGAROO - YouTube

Vs some NV Tech versions
    ATN Night Arrow - Gen2
    ATN Night Arrow 4x Gen 2 Night Vision Scope - YouTube

ATN Mars - Gen3
    ATN MARS4-3 Night Vision Riflescope NVWSMRS430 Generation 3. - YouTube

My net here is too slow to watch these but I watched a bit of the first one and it should be noted that its with IR illumination

hi,i have a pulsar550 on a savage308 and love it.use it only on private land!!.i can spot deer size game to 500m.it is very hard to judge distance at night through scope so only fire if within 100m or so.i brought from gun city who i find great to deal with.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    i brought from gun city who i find great to deal with.
    Nick
    So people do find guncity service good, nice!

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    My net here is too slow to watch these but I watched a bit of the first one and it should be noted that its with IR illumination
    Yep think so

Only put those up to show what Digital looks like vs NV tech - plenty of videos out there to show what can been seen

I don't sell Digital stuff - only Thermal FLIR/ATN and ATN NV - nor I am I saying something better or not - don't need suppliers giving opinions here

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Night Vision Goggles NVG7-XR5 *Milspec* Special Order
    this the one you were talking about tasbay? seems like a good bit of kit for the price, surely some catch
    Yeh that was the one.Out of interest sake I would ask if I was you. I can do the PVS-7B Goggles for around $14`000 with the XR5 tube and GC were doing the ATN XR5 verson for $20`000 so think they forgot a Zero in the price.
    The XR5 is very nice but as mentioned by Gimp very expensive. I have started importing the Gen3 Katod tubes and hell are they nice. They well outshine the XR5 and my 2 personal U.S Gen 3 units, $6400 at the moment and sold 6 in the last month.
    Had 2 guys turn up here 2 weeks ago and tried some of what I have, compared to U.S gen3. They then tried the other stuff mentioned here and ordered 2 sets $13`000 worth off me, for rabbit shooting.

Can you post some photos through the Gen3 Katod tubes? And comparison photos to other gear? Would be good to see.... might make me get out my wallet

Also what housings are they available in etc?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Can you post some photos through the Gen3 Katod tubes? And comparison photos to other gear? Would be good to see.... might make me get out my wallet
    Hi Gimp,
    I can`t take good photos through a goggle and I have tried!!. I was always a bit lairy about the Katod tubes but GSCI have done some extensive testing and they are in their opinion and mine up to scratch now days ( I don`t import crap!!). My Personal PVS-7 has a min64lp/mm thin filmed non autogated tube and is milspec FOM not known as no paperwork . The Gen3 Katod tubes rated FOM min 1260 are the ones Im importing but can get higher as have approval so 2 week delivery. Anyway the Katod tubes make my set look a bit sick!!
    Here are the Data sheet stats of a unit Im sending to a buyer today Its rated FOM min 1260 :; 61lp/mm S/N 24 photocathode sensitivity 1750 FOM 1464 , Gain 60`000x I think you know what that lot means.
    The housings are Israli made for their defence force and exact to the U.S ones PVS-7 & MUM-14.
    D-740 & D-760 Russian as they all are though you wouldn`t think it reading the U.S sites. Have a D-760 comming through customs for a guy today. Gen3 tubes FOM 1260-1800.
    Cheers Darrin

maybe you should try harder with the pics tasbay ,as I would also like to see a comparison with the different tubes,

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mumabear View Post
    maybe you should try harder with the pics tasbay ,as I would also like to see a comparison with the different tubes,
    I would just take his word for it. Used Israeli NV kit in the Army. It was miles ahead of everything else of the same rating.
    If it was not for politics I am sure our soldiers would be issued it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

so the Gen3 Katod tube is Israeli made ?

Katod tubes are the only Russian "Gen3"

Generation really refers to the design of the tube not necessarily the performance, although each generation has different performance limits

Gen 1 = shit, unusable without lots of ambient light or IR illumination
    Gen 2 = runs from pretty crap to pretty good (and hilarious $ for the pretty good, see DEP/Photonis XR5 prices)
    Gen 3 = pretty good to ~*amazing*~

Poor gen 3 can be worse than the best gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Hi Gimp,
    I can`t take good photos through a goggle and I have tried!!. I was always a bit lairy about the Katod tubes but GSCI have done some extensive testing and they are in their opinion and mine up to scratch now days ( I don`t import crap!!). My Personal PVS-7 has a min64lp/mm thin filmed non autogated tube and is milspec FOM not known as no paperwork . The Gen3 Katod tubes rated FOM min 1260 are the ones Im importing but can get higher as have approval so 2 week delivery. Anyway the Katod tubes make my set look a bit sick!!
    Here are the Data sheet stats of a unit Im sending to a buyer today Its rated FOM min 1260 :; 61lp/mm S/N 24 photocathode sensitivity 1750 FOM 1464 , Gain 60`000x I think you know what that lot means.
    The housings are Israli made for their defence force and exact to the U.S ones PVS-7 & MUM-14.
    D-740 & D-760 Russian as they all are though you wouldn`t think it reading the U.S sites. Have a D-760 comming through customs for a guy today. Gen3 tubes FOM 1260-1800.
    Cheers Darrin
    I would be interested in a demo sometime

MUM + camera adapter for the pics?

I thought the Russian tubes were time bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I thought the Russian tubes were time bombs?
    I had heard that they were very variable in quality and failed sooner than US tubes, with a lower performance ceiling, but that they've been improving.

Key difference: We can actually get the Russian ones and they aren't $10,000+ like DEP gen2+