Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jim160
  • 1 Post By Frosty
  • 1 Post By Jexla
  • 1 Post By PestControl

Thread: Gun safe

Gun safe

Needing /wanting to increase my security . Who sells a good all round gun safe . My safe complies but 3 mins with a claw hammer and you be in . Happy for a used one but only in canterbury 7 gun min . Also a question if it has a Separate lock box is that considered safe / ammo storage ?
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Have seen these on trade me. Not sure what they are like but are 2-3mm thickness.
    GUN SAFE 10 GUN EXTRA LARGE - ON SALE!! | Trade Me

Thinking of getting one. Has anyone got one or know what they are like.
    Munsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    Have seen these on trade me. Not sure what they are like but are 2-3mm thickness.

Yea I got one, They are sweet.
    Munsey likes this.

They look good and $200 Cheeper than anything I've seen so far . If nothing else comes up I'll probably go for one
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I have one of these, holds a bit more has a separate lock box and if you give the guy a text he will give you better deal than what he can via TradeMe.
    Safe works well, no issues with it at all.

GUN SAFE CABINET 16guns A CAT | Trade Me

PM me for his number, his english isn't perfect, but I was able to understand him easily and he was very polite.
    Munsey likes this.

Also a question if it has a Separate lock box is that considered safe / ammo storage ?
    To be legal Ammo must be stored in a separate secure cabinet. Separate means in a separate cabinet that is not part of the firearms safe albeit inside the main cabinet or as a locker which part of the cabinet. From a safety point of view I think that if say a burglar is able to compromise or remove the cabinet, there won't be any any ammo there to make firearm ready for fire. You can store a bolt in the lock box. Having said that I understand it is now legal to keep a bolt in the rifle in the cabinet even a vehicle (must be open). Just happened to cover this at a firearms safety course last week. I ended up buying a Spika 8 Guns cabinet because after a lot of to and fro I decided not to buy one unseen. It cost a bit more than some on TM but I know this one rock solid and very happy with it.
    Munsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post

That's a really good price for how sturdy it looks. Normally for that sort of price you get something that looks like a highschool locker. I need to upgrade mine at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by PestControl View Post
    Also a question if it has a Separate lock box is that considered safe / ammo storage ?
    To be legal Ammo must be stored in a separate secure cabinet. Separate means in a separate cabinet that is not part of the firearms safe albeit inside the main cabinet or as a locker which part of the cabinet. From a safety point of view I think that if say a burglar is able to compromise or remove the cabinet, there won't be any any ammo there to make firearm ready for fire. You can store a bolt in the lock box. Having said that I understand it is now legal to keep a bolt in the rifle in the cabinet even a vehicle (must be open). Just happened to cover this at a firearms safety course last week. I ended up buying a Spika 8 Guns cabinet because after a lot of to and fro I decided not to buy one unseen. It cost a bit more than some on TM but I know this one rock solid and very happy with it.
    Leaving bolt in when it's in a vehicle is still illegal I believe.
    Ammo in those top lock boxes are fine, but will depend on how anal your AO is. But even if the AO says it's not because he is anal doesn't make it illegal.