Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gun safe question

My 5 gun safe only just holds 3 scoped rifles and 1 shotgun and that is still very much a tight squeeze with 2 upside down.
    Happy Jack.

With the right hinges and locks you can legally make a cupboard into a safe
    Growlybear likes this.

mine was custom built, 2mm steel but 18mm mdf on the inside. the 2 different materials make it harder to cut or grind
    Micky Duck, Bushline and RV1 like this.

Plus one for selling the A-cat 2-3mm flimsy thing... went and bought a lonely E-cat 6mm that was long-sitting on a salesroom floor - this was even after Jacinda took E cat away... Yep, def can't fit in advertised number of longs in there.... minus 2 off rated storage number.
    Then I also have a 13mm ex ATM safe thats bloody heavy and fits anything inside. Don't forget the dial codes - its a long and expensive journey
    kristopher likes this.

After shopping around a bit, ended up getting a Spika S3.
    Would have preferred to get something 6mm but they seem to be pretty thin on the ground.
    Got quoted $6800+gst for a Baronet that is the equivalent size of the S3, almost died of laughing. I hate to think how much of our tax dollars are going into them.
    I came to the conclusion that although the S3 is still 2mm walls it was good value for the size and quality that it is, and the guy in the store said the local AO likes them.
    Can always weld some heavy plate on the inside of it further down the track if I feel that's necessary.