Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gunshitty A Cat AR stock

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    by the way when you say ak one you dont mean the choate ones do you ? as i have one of those on my sks and it seems solid as
    they're talking about actual AKs breaking, the gun, which have an internet mythos of being unfailingly reliable, which isn't grounded in reality

I always wanted a jp laminate stock but could never find one, how i envy you spanners.

The choate stocks are solid. I was referring to an AK in general, it was my subtle way of pointing out that if bobs uncles mothers sisters cousins son heard that it broke then it doesnt mean that its a bad product. To much second hand info gets chucked around forums and it becomes gospel.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Took me months and months to find one and paid a fortune for it, but have become good friends with the guy I brought it off in the US so not all bad

Rub it in why dont you.

Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    The choate stocks are solid. I was referring to an AK in general, it was my subtle way of pointing out that if bobs uncles mothers sisters cousins son heard that it broke then it doesnt mean that its a bad product. To much second hand info gets chucked around forums and it becomes gospel.
    the AK is a bad product! there, I said it.

Blahahhahaha
    Want a pic of it?? (say no as its on the BACK of the safe and I can't be arsed lol)

i think he secretly wants too.... go on then ! you know you want too show it off! i do want to envy it also.....
    Spanners likes this.

Back of the safe? Thats a shame, be careful you dont ding it when pulling it out for the picture you have to post up....
    turner nz likes this.

Still can't be arsed LOL. Maybe morrow

seriously you love playing tetris remember ? maybe have a game tomorrow after work you'll love it

It took four attempts for me to get a Gun City stock that was not cracked at the grip to stock joint.

The stock and grip are moulded separately, and then plastic welded together, hence this joint is a little weak.

Once it is on the rifle then this joint is well supported, but be careful when fitting, it takes next to nothing to crack them!!!

It feels like an A2 stock with a normal grip, just wish this joint was done properly, and it would be a nice stock.

...I changed to a Spear stock, but do agree with above, it has no cheek weld making target aquizition a little slow on high magnification, oh and the thin grip!
    Will test out the spears stock this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    It took four attempts for me to get a Gun City stock that was not cracked at the grip to stock joint.

The stock and grip are moulded separately, and then plastic welded together, hence this joint is a little weak.

Once it is on the rifle then this joint is well supported, but be careful when fitting, it takes next to nothing to crack them!!!

It feels like an A2 stock with a normal grip, just wish this joint was done properly, and it would be a nice stock.

...I changed to a Spear stock, but do agree with above, it has no cheek weld and thin grip!
    Will test out the spears stock this weekend!
    I love being vindicated hahaha

vindicated, yes!
    you can see the plastic weld in the photo of my last one...
    Name:  DSCN9429.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  194.3 KB

Ejected
    Wow that weld looks terrible.
    veitnamcam and Toby like this.

Mac
    Gun shitty thumb hole stock got a favorable mention in the latest NZ guns and hunting mag. They gave gun city ar a pretty good review, said pretty solid and good rifle for the price despite rough finishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk