Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help with single shot Rossi

ok just fired off a few subs and they were fine. fired some factory 150gr and they all opened the action.

looks like it going to be out with the bearing blue and stone to get more engagement and less angle on the locking peice
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Update, fired 50 rounds threw it this evening with zero dead mans click and zero opening on fireing YAY!

I had gone down the bearing blue and stone route on the locking piece intill the locking piece fully engaged leaving the triger group out each time I trial fitted so I could see whats going on. sorry no pics bloody phone I know I took them but they arnt there.

Not having access to a range this evening I went bush to test.

Lying in the dirt with a bipod and my hand as a rear bag,Rapid fire in rapidly failing light with a shit fixed 3x scope I resighted after remounting the rail that had come loose fitted by NOT ME

Factory fed 150 went 1.5-2" at a hundy yards........good enough for its intended use

90gr xtp subsonic went around a inch @ 50y

130 barnesTTSX with no load development whatsoever (just dropped a grain from my Sakos load) and a plucked out of thin air seating depth produced 6x 3 shot groups all under a inch at 100y averageing around .8

The shooting crony averaged 3020fps for the barnes 2650 for the fed and 1020 for the subs out of the 18" barrel

The barnes is a bit hot really but it shoots so im loading up some more and giving it back to the old man.

This is 3 of the barnes groups(scope wasnt doing what it was told) shot in shit light with a fixed 3x off the ground with no bags rapid fire.

Name:  rossi 2 007.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  4.4 KB
    Name:  rossi 2 002.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  499.8 KB

Rossies are shit there is no hope for them
    CreepingDeath likes this.

I might have to see if I can knock something over with this before I give it back