Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 3 Post By Dama dama

Thread: High Country Gunsmith

sneakywaza I got

High Country Gunsmith

Anyone on here who has used or know about Gabe Zigliani the gunsmith in Fairlie?, skills/willingness/time/cost ect. Have a couple of small jobs need done, and maybe a suppressor.

Have lots of his Suppressors which were when they were built far ahead of anything else on the market at a price. I think the one on my 223 cost nearly a grand fitted 7-8 years ago. Haven't been able to get hold of him for years. Brilliant engineer hopeless to deal with.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    Have lots of his Suppressors which were when they were built far ahead of anything else on the market at a price. I think the one on my 223 cost nearly a grand fitted 7-8 years ago. Haven't been able to get hold of him for years. Brilliant engineer hopeless to deal with.
    I'll second that. Workmanship maticulus but a shocker to pin down on time and delivery.

Mate deals with him only positive stories, believe he is hardcore hunter so he might be hard to track down

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I'll second that. Workmanship maticulus but a shocker to pin down on time and delivery.
    Pretty much every gunsmith in the country. The ONLY gunsmiths I have dealt with who deliver a finished job on time everytime and easy and peasurable to deal with is Gunworks
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Here's why you probably can't find Gabe.
    https://nz.linkedin.com/in/gabriel-j...iani-2aba70121

you have advantage of being able to camp on doorstep without having to travel hours to do so.....nothing to loose by giving him a small job and seeing how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Pretty much every gunsmith in the country. The ONLY gunsmiths I have dealt with who deliver a finished job on time everytime and easy and peasurable to deal with is Gunworks
    M.O.A Guns and Engineering on the Taieri turned round a job in less than 48 hours for me this week. Admittedly it was just a chop and and thread of a .22 barrel, but quick, good quality work and Lee is a great chap to deal with.
    Hunty1, Micky Duck and niven.mandy like this.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

Quote Originally Posted by Dama dama View Post
    M.O.A Guns and Engineering on the Taieri turned round a job in less than 48 hours for me this week. Admittedly it was just a chop and and thread of a .22 barrel, but quick, good quality work and Lee is a great chap to deal with.
    Second this, MOA have been really good to deal with. Great workmanship and excellent turn around time.

Mark at Waitaki Engineering in Oamaru. Not "High Country" but he does suppressors and takes pride in precise work.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch