Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: High end binos

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    You said the same after using mine two years ago, just buy some already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's and affordable set on TM right now

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    You said the same after using mine two years ago, just buy some already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! I knew I tried them before but couldnt remember where. I wont be able to afford any for a while yet unfortunately. Have any spare funds tied up in a gun that has been waiting on the police for months.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Leica HD-B 3000 10x42 for me. 2nd pair as I upgraded to the 3000. They're excellent. I have them set up with my ballistic data. Aim at target, press button which gives MOA reading and I adjust MOA turret on VX6HD then shoot. Great piece of kit

Majority of my hunting is south island for tahr etc. Use them guiding aswell
    I have a similar setup but with sig kilo binos. So good. Can have different ammo loaded in so don't ever have to worry about ballistic turret not being relevant if something changes. I think this system will do away with ballistic turrets in the future
    R93 and hotsoup like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Remmodel7 View Post
    I have a similar setup but with sig kilo binos. So good. Can have different ammo loaded in so don't ever have to worry about ballistic turret not being relevant if something changes. I think this system will do away with ballistic turrets in the future
    Have played with set of those Sigs. Not in the feild but liked the glass. I also like the concept and would be interested in the speed of it for myself.

But pulling out my phone and fucking around a little bit allows me to gauge and prepare my hunters prior to the shooting.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Cole
    Anyone used the Leupold RBX-3000 range finding binos?

The rangefinder on the Sig BDX binos is outrageously good! Ten times better then my old model geovids. Instant return when you hit the button. Lined up a valley ages away, hit the button and boom 2000 yard return instantly and they go way further then that too. I still found my leicas better to look through though.
    Stocky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    The rangefinder on the Sig BDX binos is outrageously good! Ten times better then my old model geovids. Instant return when you hit the button. Lined up a valley ages away, hit the button and boom 2000 yard return instantly and they go way further then that too. I still found my leicas better to look through though.
    I found the same my cousin in the states uses them and ranged the closest mountain peak from his house at 5000ish yards
    stagstalker likes this.

When I was looking at top tier binoculars I settled on the Swaro 10x32mm EL and after comparing them with Southcity's 10x42mm EL in low light conditions I really don't feel that I am at a great disadvantage. The main reasons I went with them were weight and compactness, they fit very well into a Badlands Bino Case and the combined weight of the ELs and a Leica RF is 100 grams lighter than a pair of EL 10x42 Range.

One disadvantage of the RF Binos is the way technology is rapidly changing. Seven odd years ago Leica had their 1600 B RF but since then they have produced the 2000 B, 2700 B, 2800.Com and now the 3500.Com. With that in mind are you going to be happy with a pair of high end binos with out dated RF capabilities in say 5 years time?
    xtightg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    When I was looking at top tier binoculars I settled on the Swaro 10x32mm EL and after comparing them with Southcity's 10x42mm EL in low light conditions I really don't feel that I am at a great disadvantage. The main reasons I went with them were weight and compactness, they fit very well into a Badlands Bino Case and the combined weight of the ELs and a Leica RF is 100 grams lighter than a pair of EL 10x42 Range.

One disadvantage of the RF Binos is the way technology is rapidly changing. Seven odd years ago Leica had their 1600 B RF but since then they have produced the 2000 B, 2700 B, 2800.Com and now the 3500.Com. With that in mind are you going to be happy with a pair of high end binos with out dated RF capabilities in say 5 years time?
    I am as I don't shot beyond what the geovids will range. Its nice to know ranges beyond but not really useful as I can estimate it with a topo. Having the rangefinder in bino and not having to try find the animal again in a tiny rangefinder is way quicker and with the HD BS it spits out my Moa drop all compensated of angle temp and pressure good enough that I get Centre hits at 650 with a 16 inch 308. It's not the best but I think it's reached 99% of useful features until something amazing comes out.
    chainsaw and hotsoup like this.

MB
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but the discussion seems to be going the way of rangefinder binos anyway. What are your suggestions for good value (not necessarily cheap) rangefinder binos? They'll be my first set of decent binos, so anything will seem good to me, but don't want to be upgrading a couple of years. For North Island bush hunting. I assume some kind of built in angle compensation would be useful. Cheers.

Gkp
    I love my 15x leica geovids. I did however compare them to a set of the sig sauer bdx (I think that is what they are called) and I was very impressed. Bloody good glass and features for the $

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but the discussion seems to be going the way of rangefinder binos anyway. What are your suggestions for good value (not necessarily cheap) rangefinder binos? They'll be my first set of decent binos, so anything will seem good to me, but don't want to be upgrading a couple of years. For North Island bush hunting. I assume some kind of built in angle compensation would be useful. Cheers.
    Geovids I think are good value the HD BS I like more. The sigs seems a pretty good ballance for value but if your looking at high end glass I would act quick as the dollars dropped so soon we will start to pay for it with imports.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    I would act quick as the dollars dropped so soon we will start to pay for it with imports.
    That is not what you should say to a man with time on his hands, an internet connection and not enough money!
    chainsaw and Stocky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    That is not what you should say to a man with time on his hands, an internet connection and not enough money!
    You just gave me three reasons why you should hahahaha the third meaning you get a little lock down excitement.
    MB likes this.

MB
    So, I have been window shopping online and they are not cheap toys! What's out there that's cheaper and acceptable in quality?