Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By 300wsm for life
  • 2 Post By Bos
  • 1 Post By 300wsm for life
  • 2 Post By Bos

Thread: Husqvarna rifle

Husqvarna rifle

So my dad has a husky in 270 that is pretty well shot out. He has had it since new, late 70s early 80s 30-40yrs old. Can these be re barreled if so what are the options, he also prefers 130g projectiles so twist rate? In no rush for this just thought it would be neat to give it a birthday for him. Caliber won't change.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Bos
    Dont know of any reason why you couldn't re barrel it. Plenty to choose from, just do a bit of research and see what's available. I rebarrelled my own .270 a few years back with a Trueflight, but there's heaps of others. Then there's the carbon-wrapped option as well.
    Most .270's are 1:10 twist which will handle the 130 and 140 Gr just fine, but if you're thinking 150gr and above then you'd want to look at 1:8.5 or 1:9
    Give Phil Webster Gunsmithing a call and have a yarn to him, I know he's done a few (0274408832)
    300wsm for life and dannyb like this.

The rifles early on used 98 mauser actions so standard 98 barrels fit. Later rifles had a smaller thread but are still very easy to rebarrel. Suggest you contact Mike Collings at collingsguns

Thanks guys @Bos Phil did the work on my 223 so I will give him a bell. Thinking I will stick with the standard 1:10 twist. Will have a look around.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Bos
    I've got that Trueflight barrel sitting in my guncase if its any good to you. Its a fluted no. 2 contour 1:10 twist
    Guessing its had about 300 rounds through it
    Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.