Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Interesting rimfire models: your reviews, pics, comments

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Heres a selection of older Remingtons , in no particular order

Attachment 148390

Ist pic - Mod 41 with side-mount Weaver scope

Mod 16 semi auto - the first Remington semi-auto, that used a proprietory smokeless cartridge that fits no other rimfire rifle .

Mod 33 single shot

Mod 34
    that model 33 is like the one I had and should never have sold....VERY accurate .

Name:  unq.JPG
Views: 790
Size:  5.02 MB

My Unique 51 Bis in action. Purchased around 15 yrs ago from Hamills in Tauranga for $350 . I am the second owner and it has been no safe queen under my ownership with a lot of rounds shot and rabbits taken. I seldom use it now and it's a sunny weather rifle.
    The build quality is very high and they were semi hand built in France. They can be semi or turned into single shot. Mine will do over a thousand rounds of sub sonic before it even thinks about jamming and accuracy is very very good.
    Lovely to carry and a pleasure to shoot. I have the rear sight stored away and have two 5 shot mags with it.
    I found one for a good mate about 8 years back and his performs just as well. Just one of those rifles with the X factor and very highly regarded by anyone who has owned or used one. Bit Quirky, super cool and very French , love my Unique.

I've got a 10 shot mag for an X51 of anyone wants one. It works OK in my X51 but as @viper mentions, these are semi handmade rifles and the mags don't always interchange. My x51 is very accurate too, won't quite hang with a top shelf bolt gun, but would scare the pants of most.
    Tech likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Attachment 148417

My Unique 51 Bis in action. Purchased around 15 yrs ago from Hamills in Tauranga for $350 . I am the second owner and it has been no safe queen under my ownership with a lot of rounds shot and rabbits taken. I seldom use it now and it's a sunny weather rifle.
    The build quality is very high and they were semi hand built in France. They can be semi or turned into single shot. Mine will do over a thousand rounds of sub sonic before it even thinks about jamming and accuracy is very very good.
    Lovely to carry and a pleasure to shoot. I have the rear sight stored away and have two 5 shot mags with it.
    I found one for a good mate about 8 years back and his performs just as well. Just one of those rifles with the X factor and very highly regarded by anyone who has owned or used one. Bit Quirky, super cool and very French , love my Unique.
    I can’t agree more. I first saw one in the 80’s and thought then I would like to own one of those one day. My cousin has one that came with silencer, booklet and case. Mine came with the booklet and I subsequently secured a silencer from a forum member.
    My cousins also has the gloss finish like yours and it’s build date is earlier than mine. As you can see by the photo of mine it is the later oiled version.
    They also came engraved with a nickel finish. One of these would be nice.
    Magazines are difficult to get.

Here’s some pics for the net of a nice collection.

Name:  D990BCFF-B676-4B93-8278-DB6C5DE08D0D.jpeg
Views: 612
Size:  619.1 KB
    omegaspeedy and Sarvo like this.

On trademe at the moment - WINCHESTER MOD 04 .22 RIFLE

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=...8-236BB5DCB69A

Name:  1393896298.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  283.4 KB
    Cordite likes this.

Some beautiful rifles there guys - would definitely like to play with a Unique sometime.

Few years back I sold a brace of Winchester 9422s - one in 22LR and one XTR in 22WMR. Very nicely made levers and quite good shooters with the right ammos. Sometimes wish I'd kept at least the 22LR, but they were pristine and simply too good condition to risk at that time when we were shooting bunnies by the 1000 from the truck etc. A delightful classic style lever - made I think from 1972 to 2005. Recommended.

We are spoiled for choice with lever 22s - many very good rifles. Winchester 9422, Browning/Miroku, Ruger model 96, Marlin 39A. I would not include the Henry model H001 - very slick action but went straight back to shop because of very poor accuracy after 4-5 shots. Would like to play with the Henry heavy octagonal barrel model.

These are my two. The unique I've owned since 1981 and it must have shot tens if not hundreds of thousands of rounds swaps between subs and supers never missing a beat. I've got a 10 and a 5 magazine and the supressor and thread cap but somewhere I've lost the fore sight protector.
    It's a quirky rifle with its long barrel, tuning fork bolt and semi or single shot selector.
    The gevarm was a rescue rifle being used to kill dog tucker rams it needs a good clean up which it will get one day. Bonus is it had two 10 round mags with it.
    Fires from an open bolt has no extractor and the left mag lip is the ejector. It's the take down version. It will fire both subs and supers by adjusting the bolt weight.
    There are stories of these going full auto if the ammo isn't powerful enough to catch the search but that's never happened to me.
    Fun to shoot and haul out to confuse folks who try closing the bolt before firing it.sorry the photos upside down but they are from the northern hemsphere
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    mudgripz, viper and Jewcati like this.

No mine doesn't. I've also heard that the matchstick trick worked on the slr aparrently

Quote Originally Posted by Southcity View Post
    Yes well .22’s are hard to resist. My favourites.

1. Cooper Custom Classic
    2. Mauser 201 ( .22 mag)
    4. Kimber 82 Super America ( Clackamas made)
    5. Unique X51 bis (in my opinion and I see others agree a top grade semi)
    6. Winchester 52 ( Miroku made) Looking for a spare magazine for this if anyone knows of one.
    8. Remington 541 S
    9. Brnos 1,2 and 5
    12. Marlin 39A
    14. Volquartson

That’s a start.

Which one would I want to be buried with? Probably the Cooper Custom Classic. I don’t have many photo at my finger tips but here’s three photos

Unique X51
    Brno model 5
    Custom Classic Cooper

Attachment 148395
    Attachment 148396
    Attachment 148397
    Man your wood could easily give me some wood too.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Attachment 148417

I have a Unique Audax which is their very rare bolt action. I don't know how they do it but even my bolt gun has a French quirkiness to it.
    Marty Henry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I have a Unique Audax which is their very rare bolt action. I don't know how they do it but even my bolt gun has a French quirkiness to it.
    There was one on TM about a month or so ago, I should have grabbed it. First bolt action Unique I have ever seen.
    Now TM have banned semi's finding a 51 Bis semi will be very hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Never seen one how about a squizz?

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Doesnt the Gevarm have a hole in the bottom of the action where you can reputedly shove a match stick and convert it to full auto? Or so I have been told ... :-)
    Not from factory but apparently there were local gunsmiths drilling them and making small.pins chained to the trigger.
    I didnt know you tuned the bolt weights on the gevarm
    Mine functioned fine with subs or hv no probs

Have a 94/22 XTR. It gets used.

A unusual one I had was a Sportco 93..? Pump action box magazine fed. Neat concept...just didn’t work properly.. my rifles need to function appropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little 9422 an absolute gem - worth a k and more now too.

I wanted the sportco 93 pump few years back but decided against it as gunsmith mate had one and also couldn't get it cycling consistently. Pity..