Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Iron Sights for 60+

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Have no trouble getting good focus thru most scopes without glasses, but not the earlier Leupolds. Can't get focus on open sights, V ok but not the blade. Used red torch regular for a couple of years and found my eyesight deteriorated over that time. Found it hard on the eyes. Have glasses but don't hunt in them, thinking of contact lens?
    I wear progressive glasses but can't hunt or shoot with them. When shooting I get a different point of impact somehow. About 2inches out at 100mtr. Wearing progressive glasses hunting is asking to go for a gutser as glancing down where you are putting your feet it is out of focus and depth perception is off. I wear contact's hunting and can't fault them. They sharpen up distance and can still read maps on phone. No problems shooting with them. Can get monthly ones and leave them in for up to 7 days.

I've worn progressives now for about 10 years. Despite the optimologist warning me, soon after I got them I came close to falling down a flight of stairs. I guess your head gets trained quickly to move to suit what you're looking at and you do it without thought.

Fortunately my long sight is reasonably great still.

For welding I wear a pair of cheap warehouse "hobby" glasses. I canoot see properly when trying to weld with the progressives. Also worried about damaging them.

Last time I renewed my progressives I should have given them the flick and just gone with proper reading glasses.
    Last edited by zimmer; 21-01-2022 at 08:25 PM.

I’ve been wearing progressives for maybe 10 or 15 years and I don’t ever think about them it’s so natural to me. No difference in groups between when I wear contacts or glasses. Not that I’m aware of anyway.