Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 3 Post By Ginga
  • 9 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 2 Post By buzzman

Thread: Kimber classic grade

Kimber classic grade

Hi just wondering what they are like never had one but look pretty cool how do they compare to a sako? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stock appears to be reminiscent of the Remington 700 Classic.

I'll reply to your PM bit later Buzz on the road all day
    buzzman likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Not even close to a sako buzz. American shite.
    buzzman, Huntn and caberslash like this.

So I've owned a few Sakos, and I've owned a few Kimber's and in my opinion the Kimber's are a much better tool. What does a Sako really offer other than a name that makes people think they're getting quality? Fins have shitty bendy plastic stocks that the coating falls off, lots of them are shit at ejecting and even the "good ones" require a certain effort to get 100%. They shoot good and the action is nice and smooth, that's about it for the positives for me when it comes to Sakos. Kimber's have better stocks, they're built slim all round, action, stock etc and for a Mauser claw extractor they are actually a very nice action, there is no Mauser claw action in existence that will ever compete with a conventional bolt for being "super slick" because the claw itself rides in the action under a slight amount of tension, that's what it's supposed to do, the major positive being that you can work the bolt as fast or as slow as you want, it will 100% every time fling that case clear, ever wondered why they still build dangerous game rifles off Mauser actions....? The Kimber's buck the trend of "shit American triggers" and I have much preferred the triggers I've had in Kimber's to Sakos and Tikkas. The classics and select grades are nice planks of wood that would be on par with any off the shelf Sako for grain quality and chequering, finish etc, they even go to the effort of doing a nice factory bedding job on them, something I've never seen on an off the shelf sako. They are a real hunters rifle in my mind designed to handle and shoot off hand really well. The Kimber lottery is a thing of the past and every one I've picked up in the last few years has shot lights out, if you can't get accuracy out of them then you have to resign yourself to the fact you can't shoot a light well balanced rifle.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    So I've owned a few Sakos, and I've owned a few Kimber's and in my opinion the Kimber's are a much better tool. What does a Sako really offer other than a name that makes people think they're getting quality? Fins have shitty bendy plastic stocks that the coating falls off, lots of them are shit at ejecting and even the "good ones" require a certain effort to get 100%. They shoot good and the action is nice and smooth, that's about it for the positives for me when it comes to Sakos. Kimber's have better stocks, they're built slim all round, action, stock etc and for a Mauser claw extractor they are actually a very nice action, there is no Mauser claw action in existence that will ever compete with a conventional bolt for being "super slick" because the claw itself rides in the action under a slight amount of tension, that's what it's supposed to do, the major positive being that you can work the bolt as fast or as slow as you want, it will 100% every time fling that case clear, ever wondered why they still build dangerous game rifles off Mauser actions....? The Kimber's buck the trend of "shit American triggers" and I have much preferred the triggers I've had in Kimber's to Sakos and Tikkas. The classics and select grades are nice planks of wood that would be on par with any off the shelf Sako for grain quality and chequering, finish etc, they even go to the effort of doing a nice factory bedding job on them, something I've never seen on an off the shelf sako. They are a real hunters rifle in my mind designed to handle and shoot off hand really well. The Kimber lottery is a thing of the past and every one I've picked up in the last few years has shot lights out, if you can't get accuracy out of them then you have to resign yourself to the fact you can't shoot a light well balanced rifle.
    Cheers bro good imfo

Buzz, you’ll buy it then only want a sako……..

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
    Buzz, you’ll buy it then only want a sako……..
    I buy Sako’s and want another sako crazy

199p and Howa1500 like this.

Maybe one day @Ryan_Songhurst will be lucky enough to get his hands on a properly built Remington.

Aboslute thing of beauty the ones up to around early 2000's (pre 2002 J lock). No one needs a CRF action for shooting deer