Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree561Likes

Thread: Kiwi made Howa mini ultralight chassis a reality?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    where can you actually buy one? pretty sick of vaporware NZ-made products that never actually eventuate
    The first batch will be for sale at the Sika show. After that it's probably best to speak with Shooter Ready to place a back order I guess.

This is dope, now do one for rem 700 platform please

maybe if the maker is watching this thread "wink wink" they should get in touch with the likes of Gimp directly and sort the supply out before it goes nuts....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Take off barrel setup?
    Barrel is setup to spin on tight by hand. Also allows hot swapping of cal if you want. The one I'm picking up on Sunday is in 6.5 Grendel but I'm thinking about adding a 50 beowulf suppressed barrel and mag down the line as it shares the same bolt face as Grendel.
    Bill999 likes this.

Scott trail left a void in this sorta styff so hopefully these guys can make a good go of it,

looks well made, i remember seeing them ages ago on kens website i think but went dead so wasnt sure if it was going to happen. So take off barrel (is it a hardy sorta copy?) makes it sweet to carry around in ya pack nice and short and still be legal as it cant be fired, but say if you took the butt stock off it would then be a big pistol? Therefore illegal to carry on doc, or anywhere apart from having pistol license etc.

Not picking holes as I've been looking for like this, failing a single shot its prob the best bet to take away on ya mountain bike.

I'm pretty sure Shooter Ready in Cambridge had one on the shelf last time I was there. They'll be at sika show if you're going.
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

I have one, they're magic. Maker is a forum member, he'll chime in if he wants
    ZG47 and Micky Duck like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-p View Post
    As long as your barrel is long enough to keep it above legal length when folded sure.
    BUT i promise you if you get hands on it in the configuration that @Mintie has shown , you will not want a longer barrel.
    It
    Is
    LIGHT

Besides , why would you want it with a folding stock anyway…. The tactical factor? Lol

Go to sika show this weekend and handle it. It will give you a semi….
    Two reasons to want a folding stock:1 If the stock blocks the trigger when folded it cant be fired, avoiding the rifle / pistol issue. 2 No tools needed to assemble and faster to action

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Two reasons to want a folding stock:1 If the stock blocks the trigger when folded it cant be fired, avoiding the rifle / pistol issue. 2 No tools needed to assemble and faster to action
    Yeah but if it's a short barrel like in the pics why would you need a heavier folding stock which will still be much the same length folded as a short barrel solid stock?
    I guess the obvious answer is to retain barrel length but in my mind this is designed as a short , super light bush gun, not a long ranger.
    I'd be going short barrel , 12" or so grendel myself.
    Still reach out 250 mtrs for reds.
    What more do you need for a bush pig?
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    well if it can be assembled in 40 seconds NOW.... ummmm how much quicker would a fella want...heck it would nearly take me that long to put together a break open in 3 pieces and Ive been doing that for 43 years so could do it blindfolded with one arm in my sleep....
    ZG47 likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I can turn pretty well any long gun into a pistol in under a minute with a cheap, simple tool most people have. Le hacksaw. If it ain't shorter than 762mm, it isn't a pistol
    jakewire, ZG47, 300CALMAN and 2 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Looks bloody awesome. Very cool and practical.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Looks bloody awesome. Very cool and Tacticool.
    Fixed it for you
    Micky Duck and Shamus_ like this.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Looks great - have been super keen to see if these would turn up ever since Ken first put a picture up of them! I know it has been asked - but does anyone know even a rough price point? And is it sold as just a chassis/stock or action and barrel as well? Very cool. Hope to see them at the sika show this weekend!
    ZG47 and Micky Duck like this.

Round about a grand. They are still working out a price. But I was told that by Dave at Shooter Ready.
    ZG47, Magnus and Scotts like this.