Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beavis

Thread: Kriss DMK22 "True" barrel compatibility

Question Kriss DMK22 "True" barrel compatibility

Another Kriss DMK22c thread. It turns out the dry fire not only broke the firing pin, but also left some permanent mark on the breech face.

Now I'm looking for a new barrel for it. Yes I know I can get the new factory barrel for $245 but the inner me want a heavy barrel for weight balancing purpose.

I brought the Kriss barrel sleeve to the guncity and tried the Ruger SR22 bull barrel. It turns out the Ruger barrel is about 0.1mm larger in diameter compare to the Kriss factory barrel. Then I tried another ruger 10/22 barrel. Not surprised the random ruger 10/22 barrel is also larger in diameter to be fitted to the Kriss barrel sleeve.

This made me wonder, is the Kriss DMK22c barrel sleeve really made for the Ruger 10/22 aftermarket barrel? Or this particular barrel sleeve has tighter tolerance than others? Mine was bought in 2019 right after change of law.

I used my barrel sleeve on a bog standard blued 10/22 Carbine barrel. It worked (well, the parts fit, the gun still didn't really work per se).
    eamars likes this.

Maybe get Trueflight to set up one of their barrels for you as I think they can make 10/22 barrels.

I tried a heavy barrel, volquantson, with match chamber. Looked felt good but jamamact. Fired out of battery. Even taking out to a normal 22lr chamber it was no good. May have been there feed angle on Barrel? Sold and put adt one back in, runs like a champ and picked up a can with inbuilt tuner. So even better now. I emailed them and they said not to use a match chamber in there guns. That's my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by C7A1 View Post
    I tried a heavy barrel, volquantson, with match chamber. Looked felt good but jamamact. Fired out of battery. Even taking out to a normal 22lr chamber it was no good. May have been there feed angle on Barrel? Sold and put adt one back in, runs like a champ and picked up a can with inbuilt tuner. So even better now. I emailed them and they said not to use a match chamber in there guns. That's my experience.
    I've been told the same that the match chamber will cause feed issue.

In this case I ordered another factory barrel with barrel sleeve. Let's see if there is any dimensional difference between two batches.

Quote Originally Posted by NZShoota View Post
    Maybe get Trueflight to set up one of their barrels for you as I think they can make 10/22 barrels.
    I'd try to avoid getting into the custom barrel word as it can get pretty expensive easily.

I put a tacsol barrel on mine, which has a match chamber. had a lot of feeding issues as it was shaving the projectile as it fed into the chamber. there were a few of us that had fitted them at the club and we found a fix which was to use a metal 223 bore brush and slap it in a drill then buzz the chamber with it.

I think this rounded/beveled the edges of the chamber enough to allow it to feed properly but not remove material so it put the chamber out of spec. no issues with feeding now

ymmv
    Good, Fast, Cheap....choose any 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
    I put a tacsol barrel on mine, which has a match chamber. had a lot of feeding issues as it was shaving the projectile as it fed into the chamber. there were a few of us that had fitted them at the club and we found a fix which was to use a metal 223 bore brush and slap it in a drill then buzz the chamber with it.

I think this rounded/beveled the edges of the chamber enough to allow it to feed properly but not remove material so it put the chamber out of spec. no issues with feeding now

ymmv
    Do you guys having issue putting the barrel sleeve onto the 10/22 barrel?

i think it was a little stubborn. iirc, no one really piped up with an issue like that, just the feeding with that barrel type
    Good, Fast, Cheap....choose any 2.