Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Labradar problems

Getting fairly frustrated with this thing.

I had always had minor issues getting it to read, it would show one bar of reception and occasionally go up to too.

No I cant get it to show any reception and wont read shots.

Any ideas?

Fresh batteries maybe. They work much better with a USB power bank too. Good quality AAs get depleted real quick.

I'm using a power bank

Checked your tx setting isn’t on low and/or maybe change frequency

Be carefull with the powerbank, the usb ports are a little fragile, as is the unit itself. Its not very resistant to knocks and bumps. I prefer rechargeable eneloops, they last very well. 75 rounds last sesion and the battery indicator never moved, dont leave the batteries in the unit when you put it away.
    Is it failing to trigger on the shot which is often a positional issue in relation to the muzzel or is it triggering ok but not acquiring the target? which can be a point of direction problem or minor settings issue.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Target acquisition fail. The 5 bars that show the signal strength are at zero. Have tripple checked all settings

Mine usually at 4 bars ,I think you'd better send Dave an email at Labradr in Aus db@taunbill.com.au
    Top guy, knows his stuff.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

I had the same problem as you @PerazziSC3 ended you doing what @sneeze does and have had no issues since.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

I tape a small piece of a straw on the top in that wee V to use for lining it up.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

This is partally sorted, seems to be the SD card, when left in the radar, is stuffing things up. If i remove the card and turn it on I have at least 1 bar of reception

L.T
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    I tape a small piece of a straw on the top in that wee V to use for lining it up.
    This is very important, getting it aligned with the target. Yep tape a straw on the notch in the top.
    My one would't pick up a suppressed 7mm-08 on the highest sensitivity setting. Had to take the suppressor off to get a reading.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    I've found that having the end of a suppressor slightly behind the LR always reads the shot. Have never had any issues when aligning mine by eyecrometer. I suppose individual units may slightly vary from one another like many things.

Hi Team,

Here is a link to download Labradars quick setup instructions: https://mylabradar.com/download/

I use the labradar this way, and advise clients to use this way:
    - Set up using the most sensitive trigger setting initially.
    - Choose a freq that avoids local wifi freqs if that's a thing where you shoot.
    - Use full power mode.
    - Ensure it is pointed exactly at target. For open flat ranges this is not so critical. For ranges with surrounds (movign branches etc) or baffles, tall grass etc the alignment becomes critical. Positioned up off the ground is best initially. Ok to use on a low tripod if there are no obstructions in front of it.
    - Position so that the muzzzle or end of the suppressor is just rearward of the unit ( to the side obviously).
    - If triggering is intermittent I tend to just skip to Doppler trigger mode.
    - We have remote triggers available also. This is a proprietary microphone on a cord. Just plug in and position next to the muzzle. haven't had this not work yet. It is called an "archery trigger", available on our website.

In my experience with the latest firmware, if the inbuilt trigger isn't working, then I just skip to Doppler trigger mode and it works well.

Cheers
    Joel