Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vulcannz
  • 1 Post By blip

Thread: Lakefield mk II .22lr & Zenison scope info

Lakefield mk II .22lr & Zenison scope info

Hi All,

After a bit of information and perhaps a few ideas.

Anyone know much about Zenison scopes? My dad's old .22 has one on the top, is extremely clear considering it's probably 20+ years old. Haven't seen them around much before and Google has limited info.

Scope is missing the side turret cap. Anyone have any bright ideas to cover it up other than trying as many different brand caps as I can to find a match?

Rifle it's on is an old lakefield mk II .22 LR. I was striping it down for cleaning recently, unscrewed the plastic trigger guard and watched it start to crack in front of my eyes. It is currently holding together after I quickly screwed it back on but unsure for how long. Does anyone happen to have an old broken one I could use for parts or have any other bright ideas? Only thing I can think of is try 3D printing one to match.

Name:  20230712_222152.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  4.33 MB

Huh that's odd, I was looking at the bolt and mag and it looks just like my Savage Mk IIF bolt and mag. Quick google says Savage bought Lakefield in 95, and apparently the Savage Mk II is just a Lakefield.
    RyanH likes this.

Yea I've heard that. I have contacted the nz savage importer to ask about the trigger guard but was told they cannot supply what I want

Yep they are a savage. Had a lefty one ages ago, pretty solid reliable rifle, my personal preference over something chinese. If your close by or wanted to meet sometime I have a small scope cap collection, something may fit. you can adjust the trigger a bit with shims if its the early one without the savage type blade in it. I did that with mine. Can you cut a couple of small bits of steel tube and glue them into the trigger guard to stop further cracking?
    RyanH likes this.

Unsure about the tube, unsure if I'd get the right radius since it's not perfectly round? Could be keen re testing some of your caps, will send you a message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAdR9ezUPgg
    do something like what this guy does (trigger guard bit)

I have a Lakefield MkII .22 that has been cut down (barrel and stock) to teach the kids to shoot(guy I bought it from used a hacksaw haha) I was going to pick up a parts gun from @Aaronb2000 but haven’t been able to meet up yet.
    I’ll message him and see if his one has the trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphus View Post
    I have a Lakefield MkII .22 that has been cut down (barrel and stock) to teach the kids to shoot(guy I bought it from used a hacksaw haha) I was going to pick up a parts gun from @Aaronb2000 but haven’t been able to meet up yet.
    I’ll message him and see if his one has the trigger guard.
    Awesome, thanks for looking into it for me!