Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Legality of Non-Semiautomatic with detatchable magazine

Lightbulb Legality of Non-Semiautomatic with detatchable magazine

Hi all,
    Was wondering if something like this would be legal to own with an A category license in NZ?
    (Obviously without the 30rnd magazine.)

https://youtu.be/zYEh2lZk3cU

yeah that wont make the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    yeah that wont make the cut
    Too many AR compatible parts to be legal here.

And in any case it needs a rainbow paint job, that ‘evil black’ look is out according to our fine law makers.
    CBH Australia likes this.

It is not the parts that could , I do not know the exact make-up of the rifle , make this rifle Illegal but whether the lower receiver is able to be put on to an upper AR15 receiver . And the definition of a "Semi automatic" may be another ?. I think there is/was a provision for "semi automatic like"?.

Bollocks it's not a semi-auto, it's a semi-auto with a bolt release
    XR500 likes this.

No chance being allowed on these shores.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    Bollocks it's not a semi-auto, it's a semi-auto with a bolt release
    Prohibited parts are:

Any part designed or intended to be an integral part of a prohibited firearm.
    Examples include: butt, stock, silencer, sight
    Any component that can be applied to enable a firearm to fire with (or near to) semi-automatic or automatic action.
    Examples include: gas block, gas tube, sub-calibre conversion kit.

Only those who have an endorsement permitting them to possess a prohibited firearm may lawfully possess a prohibited p

Im sure with very little effort the rifle could be converted into what the gummint thinks a weapon of mass destruction

It cant be hard to file off whatever holds back the bolt after each shot

or remove the paddle switch and restore it to semi

logic has no place in this conversation, the law was written to make people "feel safe"

Considering you can get pictures of stripped parts required to convert a Lee Enfield into a full automatic rifle with under 1 minute on google you'd think that people would understand that any bolt action firearm can be converted to semi or full auto very easily by people with the required skills. Every member of this forum is likely to have a rifle that could be converted reasonably easily if anyone was desperate enough and had the inclination. Not to mention the 3d printed firearms, and simple firearms like sten etc. that some people could knock up in a few hours. It's not about logic, theoretically there is no more public danger in allowing the general public to own a rifle like the OP video than it is to won a bolt action. It is criminal intent that makes the difference, and these people do not care about the law anyway. But always easier to suspect the legal people of criminal intent I guess.
    https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rie...tomatic-rifle/
    timattalon and Jukes like this.

First and only post.....I suspect trolling. As for the rifle, if it looks like that, they will find a way to ban it, and if it looks like fun they will ban it faster. the only rreason they have not banned sex is cos their voter base breed faster than the oppositions.....
    rugerman, Bill999, Survy and 2 others like this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Considering you can get pictures of stripped parts required to convert a Lee Enfield into a full automatic rifle with under 1 minute on google you'd think that people would understand that any bolt action firearm can be converted to semi or full auto very easily by people with the required skills. Every member of this forum is likely to have a rifle that could be converted reasonably easily if anyone was desperate enough and had the inclination. Not to mention the 3d printed firearms, and simple firearms like sten etc. that some people could knock up in a few hours. It's not about logic, theoretically there is no more public danger in allowing the general public to own a rifle like the OP video than it is to won a bolt action. It is criminal intent that makes the difference, and these people do not care about the law anyway. But always easier to suspect the legal people of criminal intent I guess.
    https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rie...tomatic-rifle/
    Check out the Charlton, it was a kiwi jobbie, I'd have one for the cool/strange and giggle factor, a Steampunk warrior would be proud of it! But being saddled with a government that would rather attack and punish law abiding kiwis than crims and gangs, I'll never have one.

ebf
    Highly unlikely to be approved by NZ Police...

For exactly the same reason as the put Troy pumps on the naughty list.

Their interpretation seems to be that if you do not have break position ala pump or this one - it is BAD

If you need to break position ala GBC, Troy or Ausie straight pull, then all good.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

What about lever actions? no need to break position

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    What about lever actions? no need to break position
    Come on nugget, you should know better than apply logic to the situation
    timattalon likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

You are trying flog a dead horse with that lock-open design in Jacindastan! As for 'criminal intent' mentioned by Ben waimata, I am of the opinion that many of the laws of late are being enacted by traitors, but that is not possible as Aunty Helen toned-down the crime of treason many years ago! I would also think that suicides would increase if Charlton conversions were commonplace as they are a proper head-banging bastard to get them to function reliably (having had a little bit to do with them).