Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 2 Post By Frodo
  • 1 Post By Stocky
  • 6 Post By MSL
  • 1 Post By Frodo

Thread: Leica Geovid HD-R/HDB/3200.com V.S Geovid R

Leica Geovid HD-R/HDB/3200.com V.S Geovid R

Can anyone please tell me what the optical differences are between the cheaper 'R' model, and the newer HDB/HD-R/3200.com?

I don't need ranging past 1000m, so figured it'd be better to go for the more basic 'R' model.

I've had the newer HDB and HD-R's, so I'm familiar with the glass in those. I just didn't need their ballistic functions/temperature readings etc.

Thanks.

HD-B has the micro SD card for the Ballistics, ballistic drops out 800m and range 2000m depending on model.

Yeah thanks, but I just want to know what the optical (glass quality) differences are between them. I.e brightness, contrast, ease of view etc.
    Pics below.

Name:  geovid2.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  19.4 KB
    Name:  Leica-Geovid-R-10x42-Rangefinder-Binoculars---Yards-TOP-VIEW_800x.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  39.2 KB

3200.com is Bluetooth compatible with Kestrel or Sig wind meters etc, when use with them the, .com will give ballistic drops with the Kestrel as far as the .com can range, more than enough for the average hunter.

Who cares you'll just sell them after a month anyhow
    Frodo likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Who cares you'll just sell them after a month anyhow
    No, I'll hand them down to you free of charge. Like I've been doing with my socks and undies.
    Stocky and Gkp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tikka View Post
    3200.com is Bluetooth compatible with Kestrel or Sig wind meters etc, when use with them the, .com will give ballistic drops with the Kestrel as far as the .com can range, more than enough for the average hunter.
    Did you read his first post or his response?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    No, I'll hand them down to you free of charge. Like I've been doing with my socks and undies.
    Dont you get them handed down when the 12 year old boys grow out of them?

Based purely on ergonomics id buy the HD Rs over the Rs. The glass is different but i never bothered to side by side them when in BC and i had the opportunity as i hated holding the Geovid Rs.
    Frodo likes this.

MSL
    I’ve got these rangefinding Leica binos, not sure which model, but they have the inbuilt inclinometer, and the clarity is superb. Pm me an offer if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tahr, Ranal, Frodo and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Dont you get them handed down when the 12 year old boys grow out of them?

Based purely on ergonomics id buy the HD Rs over the Rs. The glass is different but i never bothered to side by side them when in BC and i had the opportunity as i hated holding the Geovid Rs.
    I'm not a free loader like Ryan is. I buy everything new from Pumpkin Patch.

Okay, thanks.
    Stocky likes this.

I did use the R model for a long time and I cannot imagine the glass quality getting any clearer.

If there is any difference it would have to be very minor.

The Rs have no tinting and the need to re focus when scanning over different distances doesn’t seem to be as picky as vortex and sig binos I have hunted with. This is even more noticeable at first light. You probably know what I mean having used the HD-Bs.

Field of view is also great. Older models did not give angle compensation but new ones do.

Hit range and the line of sight distance appears for a couple seconds then the corrected range will show up.

The red led readout is nice and bright even in full sunlight. It times out quickly unlike other binos which save battery life and lets you get back to scanning.

You have one option only for your readout so make sure you get them in metres if you like metric or yards if you are weird.

If you decide you want to start using ballistic computers and environmentals then buy a kestrel to supplement the Rs. That would be a mean set up and still cheaper than leicas ballistic models.