Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Leupold VX-5HD Firedot reticle issues

Checked my vx5hd and vxr and both are perfect.
    Shearer likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

One of my VX5 has a dark spot on the lens so had it sent back which they fixed for free but it took about 3 months.
    I have a Delta taitainum now it's an awesome scope.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Joined this forum just to say the same thing is happening to my VX5-HD firedot. Had it for one year, fine in the 2021 roar, pulled it this weekend for a hunt and super hairy. Still shoots fine, hind at 310 m and shot targets to 400 m.
    Shame we dont get a box of ammo for free when we have to re-sight it back in after warranty repair!

I found the tiniest bit of edge deformation off the edge on one post but unless it gets worse ill just keep using it and keep an eye on it. My memory of it was far worse than it actually was on close inspection

I'm going to have to check mine like everyone else.
    One thing I have noticed, that quite often I find the turret cap tightening screws loose. One is usually good, and 2 always seem to listen up. Every time I have it out I'm forever checking them.
    And yes, I tighten them enough.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Ubique.
    Once divided, always conquered.

I spoke with Greg at NZASIA this morning re the visible spec/dot in mine, plus the hairy reticle - seems they may be associated with each other. Spec/dot is clearly from something loose inside the scope floating around and becoming attached to an internal lens. Something that has been seen in a small number of scopes by NZASIA over the years and not a Leupold specific issue. Greg then went on to explain that the reticle is magnetic (maybe magnetic paint?) so if there are any loose particles, then these can get attracted to the magnetic reticle (hence it kinda does look like iron filings sticking out from the reticle). Greg was great to deal with - no issues in getting the scope back to them and off to the custom shop in Oz to get repaired (mine is a couple years old so not replaced with new).

top of the south
    I had a fixed 4 power kahles that was really bad but always shot well and never let me down foging wise
    Mooseman, Micky Duck and Tribrit like this.

My Vx5 is still good, hope it stays that way.
    Kimber 7mm-08 likes this.

Just checked my vx6 firedot and two other non-firedot leupolds, no issues

Got both back from Leupold/NIOA today. Just on 2 weeks, so great service and turnaround. Also gave me a new set of lense caps and Allen key after misplacing the last set.

Great customer support.
    nzspearo, Nick.m, Woody and 4 others like this.

Got my VX6HD back today. 'Hairy' duplex has been sorted. Unfortunately they didn't pick up the second issue needing attention, so I guess back it goes.

My vx6 2-12 reticle has just gone hairy after about 10 years. Little blobs on the reticle. Its the only Leupold Ive ever kept.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    My vx6 2-12 reticle has just gone hairy after about 10 years. Little blobs on the reticle. Its the only Leupold Ive ever kept.
    Time for another Delta

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Got both back from Leupold/NIOA today. Just on 2 weeks, so great service and turnaround. Also gave me a new set of lense caps and Allen key after misplacing the last set.

Great customer support.
    My VX5 HD firedot has the same problem, I'm in Brisbane so I'll get onto NIOA this week, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    I'm going to have to check mine like everyone else.
    One thing I have noticed, that quite often I find the turret cap tightening screws loose. One is usually good, and 2 always seem to listen up. Every time I have it out I'm forever checking them.
    And yes, I tighten them enough.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Mines the same regarding turret screws.
    It annoyed me so much I ended up taping it to the underside of the scope when I went to Fiordland this year was worried it would fall off. Bloody hopeless