Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree618Likes

Thread: The Lever Aficionados Thread

There was a bloke on here with an marlin Texan 336 that had put synthetic furniture on a while back. I noticed he had spare Texan stock. If anyone has a wood one that could be for sale or knows of one, please hook me up.
    The other option is import one...lord knows how that works?

Another has joined the herd, 44 mag.

Name:  20230328_162153.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  2.94 MB
    BSA, buell984, bumblefoot and 7 others like this.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

I dont see any where on this thread anyone with a sako finnwolf - always wanted one - but someone on here can awnser - have been told they can give problems with their lever design - jumping on rack if its been thru a lot of work - correct ???

Had a finnwolf in 308 for a while, put about 2000 rounds thru it before selling it when buying a house. Never gave a problem. Got more than I paid for it but still one of life’s regrets. Still got a win. M88 which has been a great rifle.
    BSA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GSP HUNTER View Post
    There was a bloke on here with an marlin Texan 336 that had put synthetic furniture on a while back. I noticed he had spare Texan stock. If anyone has a wood one that could be for sale or knows of one, please hook me up.
    The other option is import one...lord knows how that works?
    Should be easy enough to buy wood stocks from Boyd's. I got grey laminated ones for my Sav 99 no problems
    https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator
    Z

figured I probably need to post his here as well.....I picked this early BLR in 308win couple days ago....it's been rebarreled at some point with a stainless barrel, it's off to the smith tomorrow afternoon for a chop down to about 15" and thread for DPT suppressor. once this is done I will look at duracoating the barrel with durablue to match the action. Has anyone here got any info on the barrel band mod ? is it worth the effort does it actually achieve anything other than aesthetics ?

Name:  BLR.jpeg
Views: 346
Size:  471.1 KB
    #DANNYCENT

Nice, will make a great 30-30. Don't lose the mag.

Name:  IMG-20210307-WA0000.jpeg
Views: 281
Size:  895.3 KB

This is mine, bit of an oddball it seems as its stamped 336w but factory 5 shot and 16.5" barrel.
    buell984 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    Nice, will make a great 30-30. Don't lose the mag.
    At 15" I hardly think it will be a 30-30.....it'll be more than effective out to 300ish yards with the right load
    #DANNYCENT

Out of a 20inch 30-30 carbine, 2250 to 2300 fps with 150 gr projectiles is not difficult. The difference between that and a 15 inch 308 is not worth worrying about.

Overall length of the 2 combos will be very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    Out of a 20inch 30-30 carbine, 2250 to 2300 fps with 150 gr projectiles is not difficult. The difference between that and a 15 inch 308 is not worth worrying about.

Overall length of the 2 combos will be very similar.
    ADI pistol data (15" barrel) suggests velocity of 2600-2680 fps should be viable with 155gn projectiles, I'll also experiment with some 130gn pills
    Thats still a fair bit more whack than ye old 30-30, not that it matters as this isn't a long range rifle by any stretch.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    ADI pistol data (15" barrel) suggests velocity of 2600-2680 fps should be viable with 155gn projectiles, I'll also experiment with some 130gn pills
    Thats still a fair bit more whack than ye old 30-30, not that it matters as this isn't a long range rifle by any stretch.
    If I had known that is what you were going to do with it I wouldn't have given it to you
    dannyb likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    If I had known that is what you were going to do with it I wouldn't have given it to you
    If it wasn't for the stainless barrel I would be more hesitant about it
    Tahr likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

I am new to this site and unsure of how it all works. I have .307 lever winchester in pretty fair condition. I have a few boxes of good ammo and a little bit of used brass Is there anywhere I can get reloads?

Quote Originally Posted by yendor View Post
    I am new to this site and unsure of how it all works. I have .307 lever winchester in pretty fair condition. I have a few boxes of good ammo and a little bit of used brass Is there anywhere I can get reloads?
    Thats an unusual one, can we see a picture.
    Re, Re-Loading, probably best to just buy yourself a cheap reloading setup and learn.
    Assuming you won't be getting through large quantities of ammo so probably you are only making up 20 at a time.
    You only need a basic press, die set and scales and possibly a trimmer plus a Vernia to measure length with.

There are guys around that will reload of others but not many with have dies for the 307Win.
    Z