Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: LH Chassis/stock for Tikka

@Pommy How do you rate the DPT Hunter vs the MDT? Which MDT did/do you have?

I don’t think they’re going to be making the Hunter chassis in LH anymore, which is a bugger

Did you do any conversions of RH chassis to LH?

I don't think DPT are making any of them any more. Last I heard the guy that made them at DPT left the country. So whatever they had remaining in stock was it.

The hunters are a short skinny chassis. The closest thing MDT do would be the original LSS. Mine's an LSS-XL Gen2 which is a bigger longer lump of metal that's probably meant for a different type of rifle e.g. competitions, hunting from a vehicle, off a tripod etc... rather than a proper lightweight setup. There's plenty of real estate up front for attachments on my MDT whereas the DPT gives you a sling stud.

Other than that, I had an HS3. A bit of a beast. Sold it and got a Boyds in stead as I wanted to switch the rifle to a hunting configuration. I've never converted a RH chassis to LH. Not a fan of that idea with how much they cost - I want it to fit without modification.

I'll be offloading a couple of DPT hunters and an R700 LSS soon-ish. I'm trying to make my safe a bit less tactical timmy and more traditional stocks are just suiting my style of shooting better these days.
    camenzie likes this.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

@camenzie hadn't logged in for a while. Have done probably 15 conversions now. never had any issues. sing out if you want a chassis and will do the conversion too.

I have a left hand LSS chassis available if you're interested.

Sorry it is a MDT TAC 21 chassis, not LSS