Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Tentman

Thread: Lithgow LA101 Rail

Lithgow LA101 Rail

Gidday Guys - a project thats been on my "to do" list for a while has been to find and install a rail on my LA101. If you are lucky enough to have one of these you'll already know that it is amoung the most accurate 22s about.

I wanted a 25 plus MOA rail but they are a bit hard to come by unless you want to stump up nearly $200 to get one from Aussie.

Yesterday I was perusing the rails at Delta Mike and stumbled across Nikko Stirling 30moa rail for the Howa 1100 $55. The Howa reciver is 28.70mm diameter, the LA101 is 30mm. Close enough for a punt. It followed me home.

Well bugger me, 3 of the 4 mount holes line up, and the 4th is doable on the rail (its about half a hole across a relief cut in the rail).

The Howa rail is set up for 6x48 screws, and the LA101 uses 4mm cap screws. To use the rail I drilled out the holes to 4.2mm, and the countersinks to 8mm. I also drilled a new 4th front mount hole, but this isnt really necessary, its just a 22 so recoil is hardly a factor.

Most of the Aussie made rails are cut away over the ejection port, whereas the Howa rail is not, however my rifle functions flawlessly with the rail over the port.

A very cheap and useful fix.Name:  20221028_142523.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  3.49 MB
    csmiffy, DCN808T, HJA8 and 1 others like this.

Thanks for that info!