Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mauser M12 Range

I tried the M12 Impact and found it light, accurate and excellent value for money in the UK. I liked the 3 position safety on it and found it shot equally as well as other rifles from the same stable (Sauer, Blaser and Mauser). I also like the staggered box magazine which holds 5 rds and sits flush with the stock and the fact it comes factory threaded. It was developed for UK use to test the market as a 'working tool' for game keepers and professional hunters hence only the 2 calibre options at the moment but I have heard they are going to do it in .30-06 too. The only other downside is that it has not got and interchangeable barrel.

The M12 I tried I didn't like the safety on at all. I found it very stiff and after using it a few times my thumb was numb as a result, but the safty may wear in / get easier with use. I do also like the interchangeable barrell / calibre option which is great if you want to travel with it or shoot different species (eg vermin size , small size game, plains game etc). Well worth considering if you want to interchange barrels but don't like the straight pull concept and don't want to remortgage your house to buy the new Sauer 404!
    Boaraxa likes this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    So reading the above, have I got this right
    The M12 Impact hasn't got an interchangeable barrel but the standard M12 has
    Correct? @300AAC
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Fixed , think the only interchangeable model is the M03
    300AAC likes this.

This might help you decide, at about 1:30 they show how the barrels ae attached to the action.

Cheers Boaraxa, Stug.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    This might help you decide, at about 1:30 they show how the barrels ae attached to the action.

Pretty sure iv already made up my mind will get my hands on one next week in 308 & see how she feels a fixed barrel doesn't worry me as I no il never wear it out !

Yeah a 308 takes a bit to wear out. I was pretty impressed the barrel was just rammed in there. Don't need to worry about the threads being cut wrong.

The Mauser m12 and the sauer 101 are sisters are they share the same plateform.( trigger, receiver, barrel...). I had a look at the guts of one this week. It was in 7 R.E.M. Mag with the wooden thumb hole stock laminated. No bedding .

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer_202_6.5x55 View Post
    I tried the M12 Impact and found it light, accurate and excellent value for money in the UK. I liked the 3 position safety on it and found it shot equally as well as other rifles from the same stable (Sauer, Blaser and Mauser). I also like the staggered box magazine which holds 5 rds and sits flush with the stock and the fact it comes factory threaded. It was developed for UK use to test the market as a 'working tool' for game keepers and professional hunters hence only the 2 calibre options at the moment but I have heard they are going to do it in .30-06 too. The only other downside is that it has not got and interchangeable barrel.

The M12 I tried I didn't like the safety on at all. I found it very stiff and after using it a few times my thumb was numb as a result, but the safty may wear in / get easier with use. I do also like the interchangeable barrell / calibre option which is great if you want to travel with it or shoot different species (eg vermin size , small size game, plains game etc). Well worth considering if you want to interchange barrels but don't like the straight pull concept and don't want to remortgage your house to buy the new Sauer 404!
    Sorry boys, typo! The M12 doesn't have an interchangeable barrel it's the MO3 that does! The MO3 is also .4kg heavier than the M12. Apologies for any confusion

It's alright, we already new.
    We were just testing ya.
    Last edited by jakewire; 19-08-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Piopio, Christchurch, Pilbara/GreatSandy Desert WA
    Can anyone tell me if the M12 Extreme is chrome moly blued or a coating on a stainless barrel?